E&LS 503

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

E&LS 503

Unread post by AARR »

This is from the other site. And I share RB's frustration about not getting a response from the administrator over there :x .

I didn't know E&LS renumbered the two leased SD40-2's?
https://members4.boardhost.com/OtherMic ... 26145.html
Posted by R Bedell on 6/8/2020, 10:22 am

I do realize this is a Upper Peninsular question, but I can't post over there and the ADMIN hasn't responded to my e-mail dating back to Feb 2020.

What is the story and/or history of E&LS locomotive #503. It is an EMD SD-40 but that is all I know.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: E&LS 503

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

Regarding the admin situation, is that board an afterthought these days? It seems to be a very antiquated, “Created by Al Gore” era of internet message board.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

About the only people still posting over there who don’t also post here are stick in the muds who somehow think this site is “too complicated to use”.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

SD80MAC wrote:About the only people still posting over there who don’t also post here are stick in the muds who somehow think this site is “too complicated to use”.
Or are like that legendary Don Simon, who was banned here for being too irrelevant!
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

:lol:
Saturnalia wrote:
SD80MAC wrote:About the only people still posting over there who don’t also post here are stick in the muds who somehow think this site is “too complicated to use”.
Or are like that legendary Don Simon, who was banned here for being too irrelevant!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Tom Train
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tom Train »

Hey, don't pick on Don. He seems to be a nice knowlegable person. Also when I log on this site itv says it is not a secure site.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

There's a video of 503 at the other board on the same thread 8)

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

In the video there are 4 CN gons at the end of the train. I'm thinking they are either for:
- Storage
- Paint ore loading in Sidnaw
- or scrap metal service in Kingsford/Iron Mountain
Can anyone confirm if its one of these or something else?
AARR wrote:There's a video of 503 at the other board on the same thread 8)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

AARR wrote:In the video there are 4 CN gons at the end of the train. I'm thinking they are either for:
- Storage
- Paint ore loading in Sidnaw
- or scrap metal service in Kingsford/Iron Mountain
Can anyone confirm if its one of these or something else?
AARR wrote:There's a video of 503 at the other board on the same thread 8)
I’d put my money on paint ore from Sidnaw.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Somebody has been hauling material out of the Ohio Mine near the Baraga/ Marqeutte County Line. I wonder if that is where the ore is going. The trucks turn west, they stain the road with red mud.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The paint ore used to get loaded on the CN. It switched to Sidnaw a few years ago IIRC.
CAT345C wrote:Somebody has been hauling material out of the Ohio Mine near the Baraga/ Marqeutte County Line. I wonder if that is where the ore is going. The trucks turn west, they stain the road with red mud.