E&LS 503

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.

E&LS 503

Unread postby AARR » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:52 pm

This is from the other site. And I share RB's frustration about not getting a response from the administrator over there :x .

I didn't know E&LS renumbered the two leased SD40-2's?
https://members4.boardhost.com/OtherMichRRs/msg/1591626145.html
Posted by R Bedell on 6/8/2020, 10:22 am

I do realize this is a Upper Peninsular question, but I can't post over there and the ADMIN hasn't responded to my e-mail dating back to Feb 2020.

What is the story and/or history of E&LS locomotive #503. It is an EMD SD-40 but that is all I know.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: E&LS 503

Unread postby LansingRailFan » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:07 pm

Regarding the admin situation, is that board an afterthought these days? It seems to be a very antiquated, “Created by Al Gore” era of internet message board.
LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby SD80MAC » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:40 pm

About the only people still posting over there who don’t also post here are stick in the muds who somehow think this site is “too complicated to use”.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail6809/popular-interesting/
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread postby Saturnalia » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:38 pm

SD80MAC wrote:About the only people still posting over there who don’t also post here are stick in the muds who somehow think this site is “too complicated to use”.

Or are like that legendary Don Simon, who was banned here for being too irrelevant!
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread postby AARR » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:52 am

:lol:
Saturnalia wrote:
SD80MAC wrote:About the only people still posting over there who don’t also post here are stick in the muds who somehow think this site is “too complicated to use”.

Or are like that legendary Don Simon, who was banned here for being too irrelevant!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread postby Tom Train » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:54 pm

Hey, don't pick on Don. He seems to be a nice knowlegable person. Also when I log on this site itv says it is not a secure site.
Tom Train
Railroadfan...fan

Unread postby AARR » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:20 pm

There's a video of 503 at the other board on the same thread 8)
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread postby AARR » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:33 am

In the video there are 4 CN gons at the end of the train. I'm thinking they are either for:
- Storage
- Paint ore loading in Sidnaw
- or scrap metal service in Kingsford/Iron Mountain
Can anyone confirm if its one of these or something else?
AARR wrote:There's a video of 503 at the other board on the same thread 8)
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread postby Saturnalia » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:28 pm

AARR wrote:In the video there are 4 CN gons at the end of the train. I'm thinking they are either for:
- Storage
- Paint ore loading in Sidnaw
- or scrap metal service in Kingsford/Iron Mountain
Can anyone confirm if its one of these or something else?
AARR wrote:There's a video of 503 at the other board on the same thread 8)

I’d put my money on paint ore from Sidnaw.
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread postby CAT345C » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:32 pm

Somebody has been hauling material out of the Ohio Mine near the Baraga/ Marqeutte County Line. I wonder if that is where the ore is going. The trucks turn west, they stain the road with red mud.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e
CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread postby AARR » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:28 pm

The paint ore used to get loaded on the CN. It switched to Sidnaw a few years ago IIRC.
CAT345C wrote:Somebody has been hauling material out of the Ohio Mine near the Baraga/ Marqeutte County Line. I wonder if that is where the ore is going. The trucks turn west, they stain the road with red mud.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Return to Michigan Talk