Hilltop Rd. in St. Joseph to Close Temporarily.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Hilltop Rd. in St. Joseph to Close Temporarily.

Unread post by Jochs »

The CSX Railroad crossing on Hilltop Rd. in St. Joseph is scheduled to close on May 26th and reopen on June 6th, as CSX plans on doing work on the tracks and crossing there. Hilltop Rd. will be closed to through traffic between Lakeshore Dr. and Cleveland Ave. You can get around it by either crossing at Hawthorne Rd. to the south, or going over the overpass on Lakeshore Dr. (Business Loop 94) and going south on Cleveland.
https://www.heraldpalladium.com/news/hi ... UUGxKMZApM
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

TSS
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Hilltop Rd. in St. Joseph to Close Temporarily.

Unread post by TSS »

That’s great news! Hilltop is a rough crossing. Given that Hilltop is scheduled, I hope that means they will do Glenlord next. I drive Glenlord every day and it is really bad. The worst part is that some people cross the tracks at 2 mph and others at 40, so if you’re making a left off of N. Roosevelt, it’s really a guessing game.

EWRice
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by EWRice »

TSS wrote:That’s great news! Hilltop is a rough crossing. Given that Hilltop is scheduled, I hope that means they will do Glenlord next. I drive Glenlord every day and it is really bad. The worst part is that some people cross the tracks at 2 mph and others at 40, so if you’re making a left off of N. Roosevelt, it’s really a guessing game.
Is glenlord lumber still there? My dad worked there in HS.

The_Duke_of_Ted
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by The_Duke_of_Ted »

EWRice wrote:Is glenlord lumber still there? My dad worked there in HS.
Unfortunately no. Von Tobel bought them out (if I remember correctly) in 2009, couldn't make it work financially, and in 2016 sold the site to a trucking-based logistics company, which is either called CLAW if you believe the sign or DES-CLAW if you believe Moody on the Market. Kind of a bummer, my dad more or less started his career there and then they were a major supplier of his business, but it was past its prime. The housing crisis was pretty rough in that part of Michigan.

justin_gram
Authority on Rabbit

Unread post by justin_gram »

As of today, still nothing has begun at Hilltop.