Current Harger Branch Info

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Current Harger Branch Info

Unread post by AARR »

I don't have access to MichiganRailroads.com so I'm responding here to MRR's post

BTW, nice pictures MRR!
https://members4.boardhost.com/OtherMic ... 09428.html
Yes, Tri-State still gets rail service. Last I heard 4-6 cars a month when busy and half that when slow. That was from several years ago so it might be higher now. This segment is serviced by HESR. The track used to go west and connect with the Durand-Saginaw line at Meredith Jct. The plant to the east of Tri-State (it was called Gemini back then) shipped in 60' box cars until the early or mid 90's. The warehouse on the east side of I75 was a major shipper until early to mid 90's shipping up to five 60' box cars a day of steering parts from GM. Both Gemini and the warehouse usually shipped in blue 60' GTW door and a half box cars.
Last edited by AARR on Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

C&O Dispatcher
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Current Harger Branch Info

Unread post by C&O Dispatcher »

AARR, do you want me to post your response over onto my post at Michigan Railroads? (I'm Chessie Dispatcher over there).

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Current Harger Branch Info

Unread post by AARR »

Sure, that's fine with me :) . Thank you.
C&O Dispatcher wrote:AARR, do you want me to post your response over onto my post at Michigan Railroads? (I'm Chessie Dispatcher over there).
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...