Here I am.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Eric Berger
Railroadfan...fan

Here I am.

Unread post by Eric Berger »

I've finally had a chance to take a good look around here, and I like it. A couple of other boards I hang out at have similar formats to this one, so this should be easy to navigate.

And, to keep this on the subject of trains, I went to dinner at the Fire Mountain in Taylor on Saturday evening, hoping to catch some CN action, but didn't see anything moving.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Here I am.

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Eric Berger wrote:I've finally had a chance to take a good look around here, and I like it. A couple of other boards I hang out at have similar formats to this one, so this should be easy to navigate.

And, to keep this on the subject of trains, I went to dinner at the Fire Mountain in Taylor on Saturday evening, hoping to catch some CN action, but didn't see anything moving.
hey, glad to see you are enjoying it here. welcome to the board.
How is the "Fire Mountain" in terms of food? responable prices? and how close to the line is it? I had quite a good experience at Clara's in Lansing before, watching a few trains pass while eating in a dining car.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Eric Berger
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Eric Berger »

railroadfan wrote:
Eric Berger wrote:I've finally had a chance to take a good look around here, and I like it. A couple of other boards I hang out at have similar formats to this one, so this should be easy to navigate.

hey, glad to see you are enjoying it here. welcome to the board.
How is the "Fire Mountain" in terms of food? responable prices? and how close to the line is it? I had quite a good experience at Clara's in Lansing before, watching a few trains pass while eating in a dining car.
In terms of food and price, the Fire Mountain is pretty decent; it's a buffet place, and they even have a man there grilling steaks and other foods. (A piece of steak is included in the price.)

I think for my father and me, it cost about twenty dollars or so total.

As for how close to the railroad? It's right next door to the line; you can actually see the tracks out the window on the east side of the building. Granted, I usually don't see that many trains pass through on that line (It is the one from Dearborn to Flat Rock, with the concrete arches over it,) but if you're lucky, you should be able to see some action there.