tower automotive plymouth

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

tower automotive plymouth

Unread post by KVERBERK »

Looking at google maps I see the siding into tower automotive in Plymouth has been disconnected. I knew they hadn't been shipping by rail for awhile but didn't realize they had disconnected the siding altogether. I wonder how long its been this way? Also noticed the cantilever bridge with searclights just west of the diamond has been replaced. I'm guessing this happened when the other new signals around the diamond were installed. Anyway I'm always disapointed to see a loss of business like that. Hadn't seen it mention yet.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: tower automotive plymouth

Unread post by AARR »

I see their frames being trucked south on I-275
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CR900945
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CR900945 »

I noticed the Tower siding removed at CP25 when I visited on March 8, 2019 to photograph Q329. Removed some time prior to that date.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I can recall back when they ran a unit train from Plymouth to Warren. There'd usually be about 10 or so flat cars.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...