WSOR Inspecting the Plymouth Sub?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AFLK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AFLK »

admin edit: merged a couple threads together, moved posts here regarding the railfan rumor of CSX selling the Plymouth Sub.

Hey Guys, My names Logan or AFLK Productions on YT if you watch My Vids. Hearing the rumor that the Wisconsin short line is inspectiong the Plymouth sub hits me hard. When I was about 5 years old I would go back too my grandpa too his woods at MP114-MP115 and watch trains. Definitely back in 09 it was easy Too Catch a CSX Train and has gotten hard over the years but I have always enjoyed it. As a young boy I loved Too See the engines go by with the Engineer hanging out the window give a hornshow just for me. It's the reason I got into trains. All my family lives close too if not right next Too the Plymouth sub, at one point my aunt even opened a daycare in sunfield and I remember going up there after school when I was in 6th grade and catching a train or two. I remember getting my first CP and BNSF up there. Right now I'm sitting on my bed witch is about a mile away from the tracks and can hear every train. I remember as a little kid knowing nothing about signals, train schedules, train IDs and, Engien builds and would just beg my mom and dad too take me too the Plymouth sub Too Catch trains. I didn't care if they were rare or not... well I didn't even know if they were because I didn't know nothing. I remember seeing a green signal in Woodbury and think a train was coming ever time (it's always green). Every chance that I get Too Catch Q329 after school I give it my best shot... wether it's Gevos or SD40s. I even have gotten up at 2 AM Too Try Too track down Q328 and catch him in the pitch black just too see a single train. As a sophomore in High school people ask me why I like trains, and I always say "the rumble of the Horspower or the sound of the distance Horn thinking it might be rare or the friendly crews." Ya I'm a train nerd, but I wouldn't wanna be anything else, and the CSX plymouth sub made me get hooked into trains so, it's gonna be a very hard time Too see them go......

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Re: CSX Train Location Updates October 2019

Unread post by Jetlink »

AFLK wrote:Hey Guys, My names Logan or AFLK Productions on YT if you watch My Vids. Hearing the rumor that the Wisconsin short line is inspectiong the Plymouth sub hits me hard. When I was about 5 years old I would go back too my grandpa too his woods at MP114-MP115 and watch trains. Definitely back in 09 it was easy Too Catch a CSX Train and has gotten hard over the years but I have always enjoyed it. As a young boy I loved Too See the engines go by with the Engineer hanging out the window give a hornshow just for me. It's the reason I got into trains. All my family lives close too if not right next Too the Plymouth sub, at one point my aunt even opened a daycare in sunfield and I remember going up there after school when I was in 6th grade and catching a train or two. I remember getting my first CP and BNSF up there. Right now I'm sitting on my bed witch is about a mile away from the tracks and can hear every train. I remember as a little kid knowing nothing about signals, train schedules, train IDs and, Engien builds and would just beg my mom and dad too take me too the Plymouth sub Too Catch trains. I didn't care if they were rare or not... well I didn't even know if they were because I didn't know nothing. I remember seeing a green signal in Woodbury and think a train was coming ever time (it's always green). Every chance that I get Too Catch Q329 after school I give it my best shot... wether it's Gevos or SD40s. I even have gotten up at 2 AM Too Try Too track down Q328 and catch him in the pitch black just too see a single train. As a sophomore in High school people ask me why I like trains, and I always say "the rumble of the Horspower or the sound of the distance Horn thinking it might be rare or the friendly crews." Ya I'm a train nerd, but I wouldn't wanna be anything else, and the CSX plymouth sub made me get hooked into trains so, it's gonna be a very hard time Too see them go......
Hi Logan, We are practically neighbors it sounds like. Lakewood High school class of 1994. Long time Woodbury/Lake O area resident. You probably don't remember the CP run through trains. 20+ trains a day was the norm in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's

~Jetlink (Randy)
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

kd_1014
Mike

Unread post by kd_1014 »

AFLK wrote:Hey Guys, My names Logan or AFLK Productions on YT if you watch My Vids. Hearing the rumor that the Wisconsin short line is inspectiong the Plymouth sub hits me hard. When I was about 5 years old I would go back too my grandpa too his woods at MP114-MP115 and watch trains. Definitely back in 09 it was easy Too Catch a CSX Train and has gotten hard over the years but I have always enjoyed it. As a young boy I loved Too See the engines go by with the Engineer hanging out the window give a hornshow just for me. It's the reason I got into trains. All my family lives close too if not right next Too the Plymouth sub, at one point my aunt even opened a daycare in sunfield and I remember going up there after school when I was in 6th grade and catching a train or two. I remember getting my first CP and BNSF up there. Right now I'm sitting on my bed witch is about a mile away from the tracks and can hear every train. I remember as a little kid knowing nothing about signals, train schedules, train IDs and, Engien builds and would just beg my mom and dad too take me too the Plymouth sub Too Catch trains. I didn't care if they were rare or not... well I didn't even know if they were because I didn't know nothing. I remember seeing a green signal in Woodbury and think a train was coming ever time (it's always green). Every chance that I get Too Catch Q329 after school I give it my best shot... wether it's Gevos or SD40s. I even have gotten up at 2 AM Too Try Too track down Q328 and catch him in the pitch black just too see a single train. As a sophomore in High school people ask me why I like trains, and I always say "the rumble of the Horspower or the sound of the distance Horn thinking it might be rare or the friendly crews." Ya I'm a train nerd, but I wouldn't wanna be anything else, and the CSX plymouth sub made me get hooked into trains so, it's gonna be a very hard time Too see them go......
The Plymouth sub is getting inspected by the WSOR?!?

kd_1014
Mike

Unread post by kd_1014 »

Recently there have been some talks about how "WSOR is inspecting the Plymouth Sub". Is any of this true? Is CSX really looking to get rid of the subdivision? I'm assuming this was all stirred up from the WSOR passenger car on Q326 that went to the Elk for their employee appreciation week.

dave989
Railroadfan...fan

Re: WSOR Inspecting the Plymouth Sub?

Unread post by dave989 »

WAMX Pioneer Rail ain't got the cash. I knew the rumors would start when that coach showed up.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

kd_1014 wrote:The Plymouth sub is getting inspected by the WSOR?!?
Nope. Just a coach passing from the LSRC to the GDLK, so that the latter can run some customer and employee excursions later this week.

I mean, there's always a *chance* something happens, but based on the widely reported financial positioning of Watco and G&W, it would appear as though the only existing party with the reason and the cash to take the Plymouth Sub would be CP.

But that's a whole different can or worms. Best keep that discussion in Michigan Talk anyway :wink:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

dave989 wrote:WAMX Pioneer Rail ain't got the cash. I knew the rumors would start when that coach showed up.
Watco (WAMX) and Pioneer Railcorp are two different companies.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Baseless rumors all because that car went to the Elk for the passenger trains, I love it!
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

I heard WSOR was buying the Elk. They already have three units and a business car there. Next thing you know they will be shipping exclusively cheese curds.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

Ypsi wrote:I heard WSOR was buying the Elk. They already have three units and a business car there. Next thing you know they will be shipping exclusively cheese curds.
Watco owns both the WSOR and the Elk. The ex-WSOR are in the WAMX fleet now and they are sent where Watco wants them to be.

AFLK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AFLK »

@ Jetlink: (about my paragraph before someone deleted it)

Yes we have to practically neighbors, I live a mile North of Woodbury on M66

@ someone else: ( didn't remember your name from last night)

Yes, it's rumored that CSX is Selling the Plymouth sub Too That Wisconsin short line.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

AFLK wrote:@ Jetlink: (about my paragraph before someone deleted it)

Yes, it's rumored that CSX is Selling the Plymouth sub Too That Wisconsin short line.
If its wsor they're a watco company just like gdlk. The train master in Kalamazoo told me this spring that they were in negotiations with CSX to buy it. I'm sure a decent short line could do wonders with the Plymouth sub. I doubt they'll be able to bring back all the business CSX has thrown away over the years but even a portion of it could make them a fortune.

AFLK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AFLK »

KC8RBK wrote:

If its wsor they're a watco company just like gdlk. The train master in Kalamazoo told me this spring that they were in negotiations with CSX to buy it. I'm sure a decent short line could do wonders with the Plymouth sub. I doubt they'll be able to bring back all the business CSX has thrown away over the years but even a portion of it could make them a fortune.

It's gonna be very sad too see CSX go, although there all GEVOs there is different power ever so often. Not too menchion that CSX Has Ben making all there new HUs and there Steam loco.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

No, it is not rumored that’s CSX is selling the Plymouth sub. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

kd_1014
Mike

Unread post by kd_1014 »

SD80MAC wrote:

No, it is not rumored that’s CSX is selling the Plymouth sub. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
THANK you :D

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

I think it got deleted or moved, it's more appropriate in another forum or thread. Like Michigan talk or chit chat babble room. Anyway; I used to live at the corner of Musgrove and M-66 now I live about 2 miles south of Woodbury. Between Saddlebag and Carr lakes. I pop up to Woodbury to the elevator a lot to watch the trains pass, also go to Lake O or Sunfield sometimes. Happy fanning and see you around.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

If CP Rail didn't have the money to buy it 10 years ago I highly doubt if Watco does today. C'est La Vie.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

jrgerber
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by jrgerber »

More likely a lease if anything at all

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

Same logic applies.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

Elk management has been reporting that Watco is talking to CSX about the Plymouth Sub for a long time. They have talked about taking over freight service Kalamazoo to Ypsilanti too. It's like asking a guy with an old car if he's interested in selling it. Worst he can do is say no but maybe he'll say yes.
Last edited by PatAzo on Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.