NS (CP) and AA Milan Yesterday

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

NS (CP) and AA Milan Yesterday

Unread post by chapmaja »

I had to go to Milan for work yesterday.

On the NS bridge over US-23 there was some sort of work truck with a small crane doing some work. In the NS Milan yard was a EB CP Manifest with lights off. It was blocking the road to the west of the yard (Platt?) Also in the NS yard on the first yard track was a mixed car cut including covered hoppers, tank cars placarded with HOT 3257, box cars and several well cars with double high stacks of small half sized containers. I've never seen these containers before.

When I returned by the yard, the CP train was gone, the cut of cars was still there, the work crew was gone from the NS tracks, but the AA had a work truck and employee working at the switch for the wye to the NS. No cars in the AA yard.

Monday there was a AA yard full of cars with the two east tracks full of autoracks. There was a cut of the container cars and tank cars on a different track in the NS yard. Are those cars possible for one of the local customers NS serves in the Milan area?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: NS (CP) and AA Milan Yesterday

Unread post by AARR »

NS has tank car customers with their ADBF connection. There's also a propane distributor east of Adrian.
chapmaja wrote:Monday there was a AA yard full of cars with the two east tracks full of autoracks. There was a cut of the container cars and tank cars on a different track in the NS yard. Are those cars possible for one of the local customers NS serves in the Milan area?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NS (CP) and AA Milan Yesterday

Unread post by chapmaja »

An update. Today the cars were gone from the track they were on, and the NS GP that is often in the AA yard or on the wye tracks was also not visible in town. This means they may have already left town.

The AA yard's western track had a mix of tanks and CH's present. No trains in town while I was near the yard. Now I am up in Holland for a few days of work.