Page 4 of 4

Re: CN Michigan Customers

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:03 pm
by AARR
Shore Line additions:
- Rockwood – R. J. Marshall Materials: Receives something in covered hoppers
- Monroe - MacSteel: Spur still connected but I don't know if they ship by rail at this time

L'Anse addition: The CertainTeed plant also gets an occasional tank car

Re: CN Michigan Customers

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:16 pm
by blueheron13
Regarding the Shoreline Sub,
- The spur to the steel place has been paved over at Borchert Park Dr.
- However, new track is in place where the wind turbine towers are stored that are manufactured by Ventower Industries. But I don't know that they have ever shipped out their towers via rail. Here's the most recent picture (2018) from NearMap:

Image

Re: CN Michigan Customers

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:35 pm
by NS3322
AARR wrote:Shore Line additions:
- Rockwood – R. J. Marshall Materials: Receives something in covered hoppers
- Monroe - MacSteel: Spur still connected but I don't know if they ship by rail at this time

L'Anse addition: The CertainTeed plant also gets an occasional tank car


Thanks all have been corrected.

Although, there no longer appears to be any tracks on "MacSteel" property. It apppears MacSteel was purchased by Gerdau recently.

Re: CN Michigan Customers

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:42 pm
by NS3322
blueheron13 wrote:Regarding the Shoreline Sub,
- The spur to the steel place has been paved over at Borchert Park Dr.
- However, new track is in place where the wind turbine towers are stored that are manufactured by Ventower Industries. But I don't know that they have ever shipped out their towers via rail. Here's the most recent picture (2018) from NearMap:

Image


Thanks for these updates!

Re: CN Michigan Customers

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:17 pm
by arty flowers
What about the Cadillac Plant in Lansing don't the CN serve that anymore?

Re: CN Michigan Customers

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:10 pm
by Dan Cluley
arty flowers wrote:What about the Cadillac Plant in Lansing don't the CN serve that anymore?


No. I don't think either plant gets any inbound loads, and all the autorack loading is out by Cory yard at the Delta assembly plant.

Re: CN Michigan Customers

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:26 pm
by Steve B
Some of the Cadillac/Camaro plant's output is trucked to Cory Yd and put on trains there. There hasn't been any direct rail service to downtown GM since Oldsmobile/Lansing Car Assembly closed in spring 2005.

Re: CN Michigan Customers

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:12 pm
by Robertrains
AARR wrote:» Tue May 21, 2019 6:29 am
Lapeer Industrial receives a couple plastic pellet cars every week, an occasional tank car and an infrequent carload of steel.

AARR, would you (or anyone) know the operating schedule for Lapeer Industrial®? It doesn't look like they get much business per week, correct? I plan on being there Friday Aug. 23 morning/early afternoon! Is there usually activity on Fridays? :?:

Re: CN Michigan Customers

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:10 pm
by AARR
Sorry Robert, I don't know if they have a regular operating schedule. My guess is the operate (average once a week) whenever a customer needs service.
Robertrains wrote:
AARR wrote:» Tue May 21, 2019 6:29 am
Lapeer Industrial receives a couple plastic pellet cars every week, an occasional tank car and an infrequent carload of steel.

AARR, would you (or anyone) know the operating schedule for Lapeer Industrial®? It doesn't look like they get much business per week, correct? I plan on being there Friday Aug. 23 morning/early afternoon! Is there usually activity on Fridays? :?: