Thanks for the update! I was worried this project was dead, but it clearly is not.
You have done a great job so far!:
1) You have secured a new place for the tower.
2) Grand Elk is possibly willing to move the tower. (Bonus: Flatcar is available).
3) You found a contractor to remove the asbestos from the building.
All that remains is:
1) A contractor to place the tower on the flatcar or move BO to Schoolcraft. (If possible, I would personally seek a different mover).
2) Necessary permits and other miscellaneous expenses.
I think you do not realize how much you have completed already. If the landowner in Schoolcraft is on board, the transportation and asbestos removal is all that is left.
I would approach the city of Schoolcraft with your proposal, as they may kick in some $$$ to get this going. This could potentially be a nice tourist attraction for the village (B&G Discount is probably the only reason out-of-town travelers stop in Schoolcraft).
I would reach out to the Wabash Valley Railroad Museum in Terre Haute, Indiana, as they moved a similarly sized tower 9.5 miles to their museum.
My only concern is how an interlocking tower can be placed on a flatcar? Would it be disassembled into several pieces?
I am in Kalamazoo a lot these days, so please feel free to reach out (PM me). I am willing to help in anyway I can.
It would be sad if we lose BO Tower.