ITCS

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.

Re: ITCS

Unread postby justin_gram » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:37 am

Just saw 351 clocked in at 99.5 mph on the map near New Buffalo, so guessing things are good.

Steve B wrote:I hear that the speeds are back up to 110 today. Maybe someone got his wires crossed with that bulletin, or it should have been labeled a "temporary restriction" instead.
User avatar
justin_gram
Authority on Rabbit
 
Posts: 4379
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:45 pm
Location: 91.9 DD

Re: ITCS

Unread postby twropr » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Am told that Chargers will test to/from Port Huron on Tues the 23rd and to/from ?Town Line on Thurs. the 25th.
Photos and eye witness reports will be appreciated..
Andy
twropr
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:52 am

Re: ITCS

Unread postby NS3322 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:26 pm

twropr wrote:Am told that Chargers will test to/from Port Huron on Tues the 23rd and to/from ?Town Line on Thurs. the 25th.
Photos and eye witness reports will be appreciated..
Andy


Will these be on #365 or #350, or a special dedicated test train?
User avatar
NS3322
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:08 pm
Location: CP-LEVITT

Re: ITCS

Unread postby NSSD70ACe » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:20 pm

NS3322 wrote:
twropr wrote:Am told that Chargers will test to/from Port Huron on Tues the 23rd and to/from ?Town Line on Thurs. the 25th.
Photos and eye witness reports will be appreciated..
Andy


Will these be on #365 or #350, or a special dedicated test train?


Amtrak 932 just passed WMU with two Chargers (4602 trailing) sandwiching two Amfleets and several Viewliner baggage cars.
If the Conductor is in charge of the train, then why is he promoted to Engineer?
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow

Re: ITCS

Unread postby NS3322 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:38 pm

NSSD70ACe wrote:
NS3322 wrote:
twropr wrote:Am told that Chargers will test to/from Port Huron on Tues the 23rd and to/from ?Town Line on Thurs. the 25th.
Photos and eye witness reports will be appreciated..
Andy


Will these be on #365 or #350, or a special dedicated test train?


Amtrak 932 just passed WMU with two Chargers (4602 trailing) sandwiching two Amfleets and several Viewliner baggage cars.


Darn, I thought they already went thru! My source told me they would be thru BC at 16:00. They must have been held up somewhere?

Update: Per video on Facebook #4623 leading and #4604 trailing. Cafe car/amfleet behind each engine with four Viewliner baggage cars sandwiched in between.
User avatar
NS3322
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:08 pm
Location: CP-LEVITT

Re: ITCS

Unread postby Dan Cluley » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:21 pm

Any word about a westbound trip?
Dan Cluley
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:58 am
Location: Lansing

Re: ITCS

Unread postby NS3322 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:33 pm

Dan Cluley wrote:Any word about a westbound trip?


Not confirmed official, but I have been told that they are supposed to go to PH and return direct to Chicago over night
User avatar
NS3322
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:08 pm
Location: CP-LEVITT

Re: ITCS

Unread postby GTW » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:46 am

Thanks for the information. I saw it go east at Lawton about 6:00pm Tue. I suppose Thursday will be the same thing to Townline.
GTW
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:51 am

Re: ITCS

Unread postby NS3322 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:36 pm

GTW wrote:Thanks for the information. I saw it go east at Lawton about 6:00pm Tue. I suppose Thursday will be the same thing to Townline.


I am told it will be the same schedule.

Not sure if it is related to ITCS, but inspection car "American View" (#10004), Amfleet I-based track geometry car "Corridor Clipper" (#10002), and sleeper "Rapidan River" (#62502) are all the back end of today's train #350.
User avatar
NS3322
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:08 pm
Location: CP-LEVITT

Re: ITCS

Unread postby coasterrider » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:54 pm

Hopefully everyone on the inspection train experienced what the passengers have been dealing with for the last two weeks...late late trains :)
coasterrider
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 3:10 pm

Re: ITCS

Unread postby NSSD70ACe » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:05 pm

coasterrider wrote:Hopefully everyone on the inspection train experienced what the passengers have been dealing with for the last two weeks...late late trains :)


What I was told yesterday was that 932 left Chicago on time (12:45 local) and it didn’t get to Kalamazoo until just after 6 or so. Four hours for what’s normally a two hour run.

Bet it was the drawbridge in Indiana around 502 for at least part of it.
If the Conductor is in charge of the train, then why is he promoted to Engineer?
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow

Re: ITCS

Unread postby KenB » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:44 am

Well I heard the Amtrack Test train ran on Wednesday, Chicago to Pontiac. Did it lay over or return to Chicago on Wed? So no train on Thursday?
KenB
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1273
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:43 pm
Location: Dearborn, Mich.

Re: ITCS

Unread postby NS3322 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:27 pm

KenB wrote:Well I heard the Amtrack Test train ran on Wednesday, Chicago to Pontiac. Did it lay over or return to Chicago on Wed? So no train on Thursday?


I am honestly so confused about this, some are saying it ran Wednesday (yesterday) and some are saying it will run Thursday (today).
User avatar
NS3322
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:08 pm
Location: CP-LEVITT

Re: ITCS

Unread postby NSSD70ACe » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:54 pm

NS3322 wrote:
KenB wrote:Well I heard the Amtrack Test train ran on Wednesday, Chicago to Pontiac. Did it lay over or return to Chicago on Wed? So no train on Thursday?


I am honestly so confused about this, some are saying it ran Wednesday (yesterday) and some are saying it will run Thursday (today).



It ran today. I heard them pass by WMU ahead of 352 around 5.
If the Conductor is in charge of the train, then why is he promoted to Engineer?
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow

Re: ITCS

Unread postby NS3322 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:04 pm

I saw the test train at the BC station and at Wattles Road. It passed CP-Levitt at 6:00 pm.
Last edited by NS3322 on Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
NS3322
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:08 pm
Location: CP-LEVITT

Re: ITCS

Unread postby Ypsi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:51 pm

Amtrak test train stopped at CP Ypsi, flipping back after 352 clears according to reports from my brother.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown
User avatar
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: ITCS

Unread postby CR900945 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:17 pm

Test train with 4616 leading with 4604 trailing. In between an Amfleet, three baggage cars, two more Amfleets. Cleared Milwaukee Jct. at 8:20 PM.
CR900945
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: ITCS

Unread postby kc8bdr » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:57 pm

For what it is worth 4616 is sitting at the Pontiac Amtrak station. It is parked adjacent to the platform, right behind Amtrack #57.
Jim

In Waterford, Michigan

Near Mile Post 32 on CN's Holly Subdivision
kc8bdr
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1740
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:29 pm
Location: Waterford, Mi. Near MP 32, on the Holly Sub.

Re: ITCS

Unread postby twropr » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:24 pm

Did #4604 lead the train back to Chicago by itself?
Will be interested to learn the next move of #4616.
Thanks!
Andy
twropr
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:52 am

Re: ITCS

Unread postby Robertrains » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:20 pm

twropr wrote:Did #4604 lead the train back to Chicago by itself?
Will be interested to learn the next move of #4616.
Thanks!
Andy

Does anyone know if there will be any AMTK "Test Trains" tomorrow, Saturday 4-27? It would be very nice to catch this going!!!! Also, does anyone know how long they will be "Testing?" It should take a while to "Finalize" their work, hopefully months!!!! Now, let's hope
"Charger" #4616 will give advace notice of its departure!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/
Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan
 
Posts: 1241
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:13 pm
Location: Roseville, Michigan!!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Michigan Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

x