CN Flat Rock Sub Trains South of Flat Rock Yard

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
nickrink
Railroadfan...fan

CN Flat Rock Sub Trains South of Flat Rock Yard

Unread post by nickrink »

I am starting to railfan south of the Flat Rock Yard since I live close to it and I was wondering how many trains run there either heading north or south. Thank you! :D
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC-CXi ... crUJ90nU-A

Farmboybello
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CN Flat Rock Sub Trains South of Flat Rock Yard

Unread post by Farmboybello »

Currently E246 leaves Flat Rock in the morning to run south to Toledo and returns north as E247 in the afternoon. E280 runs from Illinois to Flat Rock on an as needed basis. M384/385 runs from Flat Rock to Toronto daily with NS power south of Flat Rock. Q116 runs from Chicago to Flat Rock daily. Also, the I&O which is not very far from the location you are railfanning at usually runs trains on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I hope this helps!
Railroad right of ways are for railroads, not bikes.

nickrink
Railroadfan...fan

Farmboybello wrote:Currently E246 leaves Flat Rock in the morning to run south to Toledo and returns north as E247 in the afternoon. E280 runs from Illinois to Flat Rock on an as needed basis. M384/385 runs from Flat Rock to Toronto daily with NS power south of Flat Rock. Q116 runs from Chicago to Flat Rock daily. Also, the I&O which is not very far from the location you are railfanning at usually runs trains on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I hope this helps!
Thank you! :D

Chip
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Chip »

I hate those NS trains in the morning. I get to that crossing on Vreeland around 5am on nights I work (so Monday and Tuesday morning) and it nearly hits me as it’s comkng out of the yard because they move the locos with no lights on and that signal doesn’t activate until they are pretty much on the road.

nickrink
Railroadfan...fan

Does anyone know if its possible to catch a train after 3:00 PM on weekdays?

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Farmboybello wrote:Currently E246 leaves Flat Rock in the morning to run south to Toledo and returns north as E247 in the afternoon. E280 runs from Illinois to Flat Rock on an as needed basis. M384/385 runs from Flat Rock to Toronto daily with NS power south of Flat Rock. Q116 runs from Chicago to Flat Rock daily. Also, the I&O which is not very far from the location you are railfanning at usually runs trains on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

I hope this helps!
When did 246 / 247 start running? Do they run to Lang Yard in Toledo?

Last I knew the I&O was Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.

Farmboybello
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Farmboybello »

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:

I hope this helps!
When did 246 / 247 start running? Do they run to Lang Yard in Toledo?

Last I knew the I&O was Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.
I believe 246/247 has been running for quite a while IIRC. I do not live in the area so I don't know where exactly in Toledo they run to. Also the I&O must have changed they days they run in the last few years.
Railroad right of ways are for railroads, not bikes.

Chip
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Chip »

nickrink wrote:Does anyone know if its possible to catch a train after 3:00 PM on weekdays?
You can sometimes see them in the evening after 6pm. That’s normally when I see them assembling trains.

nickrink
Railroadfan...fan

Chip wrote:
nickrink wrote:Does anyone know if its possible to catch a train after 3:00 PM on weekdays?
You can sometimes see them in the evening after 6pm. That’s normally when I see them assembling trains.
Thanks! :D