St. Joseph Bridge

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
TSS
Railroadfan...fan

St. Joseph Bridge

Unread post by TSS »

This afternoon, I heard the bridge foreman advising the bridge tender that they will be at the bridge periodically this week and “moving down here next week” to do some significant work on the bridge.

There is “a leaky lift rail cylinder that’s been leaking for 20 years, and the lower work platform needs to be revamped.”

It looks like there is still leftover material near the bridge—ties and walkway grating—from the previous 2 summers work on the bridge deck. I wonder if it will be used in this project, or if there is still work to be done on the deck.

GTWTD3
Railroadfan...fan

Re: St. Joseph Bridge

Unread post by GTWTD3 »

There are no pictures of the inside of the bridge shack that I've found online. Anyone have any pics?
The dispatcher is cool.

Firemedic Mike
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Firemedic Mike »

I have a friend who has some. I believe he posted them on the Michigan Railfans Facebook group. He used to operate the bridge
I save lives. What do you do?

GTWTD3
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWTD3 »

Firemedic Mike wrote:I have a friend who has some. I believe he posted them on the Michigan Railfans Facebook group. He used to operate the bridge
Can you post them?
The dispatcher is cool.

Firemedic Mike
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Firemedic Mike »

I won’t share them without permission. They are in the Facebook group, and I can see if he would share them here
I save lives. What do you do?

GTWTD3
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWTD3 »

Firemedic Mike wrote:I won’t share them without permission. They are in the Facebook group, and I can see if he would share them here
I have searched the group and am not finding them, can you at least share the link?
The dispatcher is cool.

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

Here's a clip from a DVD by TM Books and Video that has some shots of the interior of the bridge shack. It appears to have been shot in the 1990's.

GTWTD3
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWTD3 »

NS3322 wrote:Here's a clip from a DVD by TM Books and Video that has some shots of the interior of the bridge shack. It appears to have been shot in the 1990's.
Sweet thank you!
The dispatcher is cool.