Train vs. Semi at Pennsylvania Rd. in Wyandotte.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Train vs. Semi at Pennsylvania Rd. in Wyandotte.

Unread post by Jochs »

Pennsylvania Rd. is closed this evening, just west of West Jefferson (Biddle) Ave. in Wyandotte due to a train vs. truck crash at the crossing there. It looks like a USF Holland truck, but it is unclear if it happened on the CN or the Shared Assets. It is unknown if there are any injuries at this time as well.
https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/pen ... semi-truck
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Train vs. Semi at Pennsylvania Rd. in Wyandotte.

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

NS 331. Crew "OK" at this time. S/B on main #1 Detroit line. or 2nd from the west. Crossings are rough/in rough shape and slow traffic down to walking speed. When the crossing protection goes off, people are trapped by the other traffic.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

M.D.Bentley wrote:NS 331. Crew "OK" at this time. S/B on main #1 Detroit line. or 2nd from the west. Crossings are rough/in rough shape and slow traffic down to walking speed. When the crossing protection goes off, people are trapped by the other traffic.
Crossings are "rough" is an understatement. I was over there a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how bad those were. Easily the roughest crossings in the Wyandotte Area. You gotta take it real slow on those or your bound to mess your car up.

Oak and Vinewood were set to close to repave some of their crossings at the time of my visit and are most likely finished at this point.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Chip
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Chip »

They just redid those not all that long ago, but it was a very quick job so I’m not surprised one but they’re that bad already.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

Was down to Oak a week ago and it was rough. I can't remember when it was ever smooth.

Ran into Kurt. Hadn't seen him in years.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".