New business in Whitmore Lake?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
johnnycat
Railroadfan...fan

New business in Whitmore Lake?

Unread post by johnnycat »

Going over the GLC at US-23 in Whitmore Lake today (where the old Woodbridge factory used to be), I noticed a lot of construction equipment and a LOT of steel I-beams. Anyone know if there is a new business going in there, maybe new customer for GLC? I know there's a ride-share lot going in around there somewhere, but I cannot imagine it would need steel beams.

Of course, it could just be leftover equipment for the US-23 construction over the last year...

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Re: New business in Whitmore Lake?

Unread post by DaveO »

Haven't been that way in a long time. I would think that MDOT used that as an operation base when they built the new 8 Mile overpass.
I suspect the steel beams are from the old 8 Mile overpass.

But I couldn't find any online reference that the old 8 Mile overpass has been removed.
If you're looking around, part of the old 8 Mile overpass was demolished by a truck in 2016. But that was replaced prior to the new overpass construction to the north.

blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by blueheron13 »

Click on the photo to see a fall 2017 Nearmap image of the area. The new overpass is indeed located north of the demolished one.
Amateur railfan trying to become a real railfan since 2017.

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Pipeline company set up shop in Whitmore Lake it’s their staging yard for the pipeline job.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e