South Boardman

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
TC railman
Railroadfan...fan

South Boardman

Unread post by TC railman »

How often do trains pass through south Boardman?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: South Boardman

Unread post by AARR »

Probably around twice a week. Perhaps someone knows if they have a somewhat set schedule.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AARR wrote:Probably around twice a week. Perhaps someone knows if they have a somewhat set schedule.

I think AARR has it right 2 a week, sometime more. But beyond Elmira (cement transload) I'd say 2-3 trips per month.
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Super Chief »

What's happening with East Jordan Foundry and their new building? Any progress on getting the trucks off M-66? Do they have a siding at the new plant? Just curious as its been a while that I've seen anything on it.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

It's my understanding the new plant is not near the tracks or am I mistaken?
Super Chief wrote:What's happening with East Jordan Foundry and their new building? Any progress on getting the trucks off M-66? Do they have a siding at the new plant.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AARR wrote:It's my understanding the new plant is not near the tracks or am I mistaken?
Super Chief wrote:What's happening with East Jordan Foundry and their new building? Any progress on getting the trucks off M-66? Do they have a siding at the new plant.
Well over a mile from the tracks. Last I heard, no need for rail service. No coke, nothing.

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

I believe that EJIW currently receives coke by truck from the transposed in Cadillac.

The new foundry is fairly close to the ex-PRR line operated by GLC but on the opposite side of US-131. Obviously there is no plan to build a rail connection.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

Standard Railfan wrote:I believe that EJIW currently receives coke by truck from the transposed in Cadillac.

The new foundry is fairly close to the ex-PRR line operated by GLC but on the opposite side of US-131. Obviously there is no plan to build a rail connection.
New foundry is gas-fired- so no more coke to there once it opens. CMI in Cadillac will still get coke. I just had a Coke.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The corn syrup for your Coke arrives by rail to the plant in Detroit :D
TC Man wrote:I just had a Coke.

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

I just did a line of coke YEEEEOOOOOOOOOWZER! 8-)
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

GP-35
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP-35 »

The new EJIW plant will use a state of the art ELECTRIC oven not gas, and they will be getting car loads of scrap steel in Elmira.

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

GP-35 wrote:The new EJIW plant will use a state of the art ELECTRIC oven not gas, and they will be getting car loads of scrap steel in Elmira.
Very nice to here so it will not be a total loss of traffic to EJIW.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

EJIW has a yard with a spur between Lansing and Grand Rapids on CSX where they unload scrap. It'll be cool if they unload in Elmira instead.
penn central wrote:
GP-35 wrote:The new EJIW plant will use a state of the art ELECTRIC oven not gas, and they will be getting car loads of scrap steel in Elmira.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

AARR wrote:EJIW has a yard with a spur between Lansing and Grand Rapids on CSX where they unload scrap. It'll be cool if they unload in Elmira instead.
penn central wrote:
Must on the siding south of Elmira unless there is a new siding going in...

Tom Train
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tom Train »

There has always been a siding in Elmira, south of the grade crossing.

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

Tom Train wrote:There has always been a siding in Elmira, south of the grade crossing.
Yes that's what I said. Must be using that UNLESS they are going to put in a new one.

DLM
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DLM »

EJIR trucks scrap in 8 axle trailers north from Sunfield, MI and then reloads finished product back south to Sunfield. Because of the difficulty of getting trucks to move finished product from Northern Michigan, this process should remain in place.