Huron Eastern in Thumb

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
kaiserfan
Railroadfan...fan

Huron Eastern in Thumb

Unread post by kaiserfan »

Anyone have information on what times is best to catch HESR jobs working in the thumb I know the 805 job works the Bad Axe sub from Saginaw to Sebewaing weeknights after 7pm anyone have any information on there 810,815 and 825 jobs

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Huron Eastern in Thumb

Unread post by AARR »

Welcome Kaiser. I like your vidoes.
kaiserfan wrote:Anyone have information on what times is best to catch HESR jobs working in the thumb I know the 805 job works the Bad Axe sub from Saginaw to Sebewaing weeknights after 7pm anyone have any information on there 810,815 and 825 jobs
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

kaiserfan
Railroadfan...fan

thanks

pbmaxno15
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pbmaxno15 »

825 is usually rolling westbound at 8:00 pm. Depending on what work got done the night before or whether the day crew made a run to the east, the train can originate anywhere from Bad Axe to Pigeon. The COOP facility east of Elkton will ship out large cuts of grain. Tower in Elkton ships out scrap metal and the Elkton COOP facility handles a few covered hoppers. In Pigeon, the COOP facilities ship large cuts of grain(main facility in town) and boxcars full of bagged beans(colored bean plant north of downtown). On the west side of town is the COOP seed plant that receives inbound product and Active Feed receives the occasional covered hopper. Between Pigeon and Bay Port(Bart) is the Wallace Stone Quarry, which ships out occasional cuts of varying stone products. In Sebewaing, COOP and Michigan Sugar have a spur on the north side of town. COOP ships out covered hoppers and Michigan Sugar sends out tank cars of byproduct. The other facility that I have heard about there but know nothing about is Bayside Best Beans.

kaiserfan
Railroadfan...fan

thanks

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Kaiser, I read your question about the difference between 4 and 6 axle engines and weight restrictions on the other board. 6 axle engines usually weigh more than 4 axle and therefore are not able to operate on tracks with weight restrictions such as some yard tracks, spurs and even main lines in the case of some short line railroads.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

It's been a few years since I made the trip around the Thumb, but I have seen boxcars spotted at the bean place in Sebewaing in the past. They we're the same kind of cars I've observed in Pigeon for the bean plant there.
~ Charles W.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I watched your latest video, HESR SAginaw 3/5/2018, and liked it :)

http://members4.boardhost.com/OtherMich ... 39859.html

kaiserfan
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks