Cadillac MI Industry

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
BnOEngr
Captain Obvious

Cadillac MI Industry

Unread post by BnOEngr »

Is there an industry/location in Cadillac that is receiving scrap RR ties?

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Re: Cadillac MI Industry

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

There's co-generation plant in McBain that burns them.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

When the traffic started a couple years ago they were unloaded in Selma Yard and trucked to McBain (because the generation plant didn't have a spur). A spur was built last year but with a southbound switch (and there isn't a passing track in McBain) so the ties are hauled to Cadillac then down to McBain on the next trip south.

Unfortunately the generation plant might lose its license to burn railroad ties and the traffic may stop.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

It's not losing a license, the MPSC is proposing setting the rate they get for the power they generate 40 % less.

http://www.cadillacnews.com/news/job-lo ... 442f2.html

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks RDD
Raildudes dad wrote:It's not losing a license, the MPSC is proposing setting the rate they get for the power they generate 40 % less.

http://www.cadillacnews.com/news/job-lo ... 442f2.html
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

BnOEngr
Captain Obvious

Unread post by BnOEngr »

Thanks for the info. I was able to track down the current operator and make contact.