Consumers Energy vs CSX

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Consumers Energy vs CSX

Unread post by Doktor No »

http://trn.trains.com/news/news-wire/20 ... il-shipper
Consumers Energy vs. CSX. Now, will we get a retroactive relief in our energy bill? DOUBT IT!
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Consumers Energy vs CSX

Unread post by AARR »

Why does this plant receive its coal by rail instead of ship?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

No harbor, Pigeon Lake is too small. A pier in Lake Mi would be exposed to the lake.
I believe the location is / was more determined by the land required to dispose of the ash.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks RDD
Raildudes dad wrote:No harbor, Pigeon Lake is too small. A pier in Lake Mi would be exposed to the lake.
I believe the location is / was more determined by the land required to dispose of the ash.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Love how CSX claimed that the line along the lakeshore is expensive to maintain. Like Amtrak and the State of Michigan don't pay them to maintain it to passenger standards already. And if they don't like running traffic through Chicago they could always go back to rail ferries. Just sayin.
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

SousaKerry wrote:Love how CSX claimed that the line along the lakeshore is expensive to maintain. Like Amtrak and the State of Michigan don't pay them to maintain it to passenger standards already. And if they don't like running traffic through Chicago they could always go back to rail ferries. Just sayin.
Oh yea, right on the spot.
I could also say the return of the rail ferries would be a rail fans dream, mine too. Consider that the Chicago congestion was the reason they started the service in the first place.

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

And thirty plus able bodied sea men, facilities, etc. etc. and the fact that when you haul loads over you also haul the empties back FOR FREE.
THATS why that'll never happen.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.