"The Dirt"

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan

"The Dirt"

Unread post by MiRailProductions »

I was railfanning in Romulus this afternoon and I overheard RN Dispatcher tell a hi-rail to get off of the tracks, as D716 was on his way. He said that D716 was working "the dirt." Might anyone know what "the dirt" is? Could it mean Wayne?
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdn ... wZHDIyfk_Q

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: "The Dirt"

Unread post by Saturnalia »

MiRailProductions wrote:I was railfanning in Romulus this afternoon and I overheard RN Dispatcher tell a hi-rail to get off of the tracks, as D716 was on his way. He said that D716 was working "the dirt." Might anyone know what "the dirt" is? Could it mean Wayne?
Probably referring to Michigan Disposal, a place just south of Wayne on Van Born road that receives inbound shipments of contaminated soils for processing and/or landfill. IIRC used to be called "Dirty Dirt" or something like that.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan

Re: "The Dirt"

Unread post by MiRailProductions »

Saturnalia wrote:
MiRailProductions wrote:I was railfanning in Romulus this afternoon and I overheard RN Dispatcher tell a hi-rail to get off of the tracks, as D716 was on his way. He said that D716 was working "the dirt." Might anyone know what "the dirt" is? Could it mean Wayne?
Probably referring to Michigan Disposal, a place just south of Wayne on Van Born road that receives inbound shipments of contaminated soils for processing and/or landfill. IIRC used to be called "Dirty Dirt" or something like that.
Okay. Thanks for the info!
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdn ... wZHDIyfk_Q