CSX Local D700 Rail Customers

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

CSX Local D700 Rail Customers

Unread post by railrod1949 »

Please list the following rail customers that serve by CSX RR local freight train D700 between Grand Rapids and Porter(IN). I know their are no rail customers in Bangor, MI.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: CSX Local D700 Rail Customers

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Please see this wiki page:. http://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php/M ... _Customers
Shows everything that d700 switches. Check the "served by train" column.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railrod1949 »

~Z~ wrote:Please see this wiki page:. http://railroadfan.com/wiki/index.php/M ... _Customers
Shows everything that d700 switches. Check the "served by train" column.

Got it! Thanks "Z"!

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

As a side note, some days when D700 "goes long" (i.e. west of Holland) they bring along cars which are not for industries on that segment of line for various reasons. Standale Lumber in Grandville is the last switch of the day for 700 and if they have a car(s) to setoff, they often bring is along west of Holland at the back of the train going WB so it will be right behind the power on their EB trip for easy switching. I've seen them bring their cut of Buzzi cars along for the WB trip when they would have otherwise been running lite unit one direction so they could operate without speed restriction. I've also seen them make a Holland pickup and then continue west - not sure of the reasoning for this, but it does add more variety to the consist!