Howell Railfanning on 11-18-17

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Joshua Niederkohr
Railroadfan...fan

Howell Railfanning on 11-18-17

Unread post by Joshua Niederkohr »

I'm going to Howell this Saturday for a High School Football Game at 1p.m. at Howell High School for Week 4 of the MHSAA Division 8 playoffs game for Whiteford Bobcats-Ottawa Lake VS Mendon Hornets-Mendon, its a neutral field half-way meet up. If my team the Whiteford Bobcats win at 1p.m. Saturday we go to the state championship finals at Ford Field in Detroit on Black Friday @ 10a.m. We play the winner of the Iron River VS Saginaw Nouvel game that is at 1pm. Saturday in the UP. GO BOBCATS.

Anyways I want to film CSX in Howell and even more the Great Lakes Central Railroad. What is Howell's activity like around 3p.m. or later in Howel?. Anything interesting is good. Where is the depot in Howell? I'm a fan of Football, but I also do Railfanning with my YouTube channel DARAILROADKID.

If anyone is interested there is an open house at Blissfield Model Railroad Club (BMRC) in Blissfield. Saturday and Sunday 11-4.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: Howell Railfanning on 11-18-17

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Likely won't see anything on the GLC in Howell on the weekends. CSX seems to run Q385 and Q384 whenever they feel like it. Might get lucky and see a grain train.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Wabash1070
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Wabash1070 »

As SD80 said GLC is practically dead and you could possibly get lucky with either Q385 or Q384. Just keep an eye on CSX Train Location and Updates
I'm here

MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiRailProductions »

If you are lucky, you can get a GLC grain extra on a Saturday. I've seen it a few times before.
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdn ... wZHDIyfk_Q