West Detroit outage.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

West Detroit outage.

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Should have posted yesterday. 7:00 a m til 7:00 pm for switch replacement. Flood gates should open after that.

blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan

Re: West Detroit outage.

Unread post by blueheron13 »

Does this mean no trains at all (Conrail, CP, CN, NS) will be moving from the Michigan Line to Detroit Line or vice versa?
Amateur railfan trying to become a real railfan since 2017.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

blueheron13 wrote:Does this mean no trains at all (Conrail, CP, CN, NS) will be moving from the Michigan Line to Detroit Line or vice versa?
Anything that would pass thru West Detroit. CN running the old way.

blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks for the heads up, Dr. Bentley. I finally got to see a CN train (two actually, M385 SB late afternoon and M384 NB early evening), on the Old Main and at Pleasant St on the Shoreline Sub. Here are a few photos of M385, which had UP engines (the M384 had CN engines but I couldn't get any good photos):
Image101_0460 by Brian Mohr, on Flickr

Image101_0466 by Brian Mohr, on Flickr

Image101_0479 by Brian Mohr, on Flickr

Image101_0490 by Brian Mohr, on Flickr

MiddleMI
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiddleMI »

Wait, the Old Main does start until after Delray, right? South of there it's just the Shore Line.

blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan

MiddleMI wrote:Wait, the Old Main does start until after Delray, right? South of there it's just the Shore Line.
I didn't phrase it that well. The Old Main is the NS owned track from Delray to West Detroit. North of West Detroit the track is owned by CN and is part of the Shoreline Sub. I don't know if crews consider the short stretch between West Detroit and Federal Junction part of the Old Main or not.

The rest of the Shoreline Sub begins at NS Bridge and goes south from there to Ohio.

MiddleMI
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiddleMI »

blueheron13 wrote:
MiddleMI wrote:Wait, the Old Main does start until after Delray, right? South of there it's just the Shore Line.
I didn't phrase it that well. The Old Main is the NS owned track from Delray to West Detroit. North of West Detroit the track is owned by CN and is part of the Shoreline Sub. I don't know if crews consider the short stretch between West Detroit and Federal Junction part of the Old Main or not.

The rest of the Shoreline Sub begins at NS Bridge and goes south from there to Ohio.
No, you were clear enough. I see I read your post wrong. You said you went train spotting at the Old Main and at Pleasant St on the Shoreline Sub. My mind for whatever reason didn't read the "and" which is why I was confused. That said, save for the one that shows where you were (Pleasant Street), do you think you could label/describe the other photos? I see one at Delray in there looking up the Shoreline, but the others I can't really tell.

blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan

Yes I need to start labeling photos. I don't take many and am not in the habit!

First two pictures are along Federal St west of Junction St by West Detroit. Next is Delray looking north up Old Main. Last is Pleasant St where Shoreline Sub crosses, west of CP YD.