Lincoln Secondary

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Eric Berger
Railroadfan...fan

Lincoln Secondary

Unread post by Eric Berger »

Do I understand correctly that they've decided not to run those intermodals on the Secondary? If that's the case, then is that the end of through trains along this line? I ask because lately I haven't heard anything along there, and it's been ages since I've seen an E train pass through down it.

Also, I noted the local headed south across Pennsylvania Road at about 1720 EDT; it had one Railbox, about a dozen boxcars, and three covered hoppers. Seemed kind of late for that to be coming down, as I think he's usually at Brownstown by no later than 1100.
"From a really tall tower, in the middle of a really big field..."

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Lincoln Secondary

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Eric Berger wrote:Do I understand correctly that they've decided not to run those intermodals on the Secondary? If that's the case, then is that the end of through trains along this line? I ask because lately I haven't heard anything along there, and it's been ages since I've seen an E train pass through down it.

Also, I noted the local headed south across Pennsylvania Road at about 1720 EDT; it had one Railbox, about a dozen boxcars, and three covered hoppers. Seemed kind of late for that to be coming down, as I think he's usually at Brownstown by no later than 1100.
Yup the RR 32, they got blocked earlier and engine issues. Also the van trains still use the Lincoln, just not as much. When departing the CSX van site at Livernois yard they go up "lou" and then (sometimes) have work at "Oak" yard.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

With Q150 and Q151 now working Plymouth daily, I'm not sure what all is left that would use the Lincoln on the CSX side.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by blueheron13 »

SD80MAC wrote:With Q150 and Q151 now working Plymouth daily, I'm not sure what all is left that would use the Lincoln on the CSX side.
Aren't Q131 and Q132 still using it?
Amateur railfan trying to become a real railfan since 2017.

KenB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KenB »

CSXT Q131-132 still use the Lincoln Secondary. CSXT Q150-151 normally operate via Plymouth picking up and setting out at Oak Yard in Detroit.