Your E Lansing Amtrak Parking Fees at Work?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Your E Lansing Amtrak Parking Fees at Work?

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Note how the government will pretty much get away with it, maybe a slap on the wrist or a small fine.

Do it as a private business? Cue the lawsuits, massive fines, and maybe even bankruptcy.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

GrandTrunkFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GrandTrunkFan »

100K driving a bus, why'd I become a mechanic...? :roll:
Nick

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

If you do the math with the wages given, the driver is driving about 68 hours a week. If they have to offer the overtime by seniority, the top drivers can rack it up. In no way am I defending the management, it appears they had some sloppy accounting practices among other things. You can not pay vendors on time but never short the tax people especially with the withholding $$

Tim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tim »

That fee to park is the reason I now catch the train in Durand rather than East Lansing. My recent trip on the Empire Builder would have cost me $150 in parking fees, two dollars more than what my return ticket on the Builder cost.

MiddleMI
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiddleMI »

Tim wrote:That fee to park is the reason I now catch the train in Durand rather than East Lansing. My recent trip on the Empire Builder would have cost me $150 in parking fees, two dollars more than what my return ticket on the Builder cost.
For how long where you gone? The 24-hour max rate is $10; the weekly max is $50. You were gone for over two weeks?

Tim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tim »

Yup, gone 15 days, that would have been $110, a $40 dollar discount however still more than at Durand. Had a nice trip, snow in Montana with nice fall colors.