Grand Rapids symbol changes

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
florida581
Railroadfan...fan

Grand Rapids symbol changes

Unread post by florida581 »

I was told that Q384 and Q385 are to become Grand Rapids - Selkirk trains and Q334 / Q335 will be abolished as a result.

BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster

Re: Grand Rapids symbol changes

Unread post by BL2-1843 »

This explains why Q384 has been seen In Toledo lately. With two sections of Q335 of late, (Q & S) perhaps there will be two of Q385 as well. Be nice if they ran both Q335 & Q385.

dave989
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dave989 »

Is there a chance that that Q384/Q385 become Selkirk to Chicago trains with a G.R. setout.
The reason I ask is Q327 is frequently over 10,000 ft. and I sense that management wants
the slop off the B&O. Plus the less time spent in Toledo the better.

Tier4GEVO
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tier4GEVO »

Probably has to do with the other hump shutting at Willard. First Q384-08 is already on the move.

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

Will these new trains be running during the daylight or overnight? I missed my chance yesterday when CSX had two trains run over the Plymouth through Lansing, one in the afternoon and one in the evening.
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

There is an eastbound headed your way right now.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Jetlink wrote:There is an eastbound headed your way right now.
Any idea what time it'll be here? I've got the time to see it!

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

It's probably between grand ledge and Ensel right now. I would say any time.

Being Sunday there is a possibility it has a set out for ensel too. not sure, haven't been listening. road channel is 8 dispatch is 14. 160.230 and 160.320 respectively. Also is a lansing area scanner available online (or at least there used to be).
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Jetlink wrote:It's probably between grand ledge and Ensel right now. I would say any time.

Being Sunday there is a possibility it has a set out for ensel too. not sure, haven't been listening. road channel is 8 dispatch is 14. 160.230 and 160.320 respectively. Also is a lansing area scanner available online (or at least there used to be).
Unfortunately, I was about half way to the crossing on Hagadron (it's the closest to McDonel Hall) when I saw them roll through.

Would the time they came through today be about the usual time now, or is it too early to tell?

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

NSSD70ACe wrote:
Jetlink wrote:It's probably between grand ledge and Ensel right now. I would say any time.

Unfortunately, I was about half way to the crossing on Hagadron (it's the closest to McDonel Hall) when I saw them roll through.

Would the time they came through today be about the usual time now, or is it too early to tell?
Way too early to tell. Just keep an eye on the CSX train location updates thread.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

The scanner feed for Lansing was down for a few hours this afternoon/evening while I worked on the antenna but it's back up and running again. There's a band opening tonight so I'm not sure yet if the reception is better or not.

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

KC8RBK wrote:

The scanner feed for Lansing was down for a few hours this afternoon/evening while I worked on the antenna but it's back up and running again. There's a band opening tonight so I'm not sure yet if the reception is better or not.
I might start using this instead of my scanner if it works on my phone.