CSX Signals

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
trainnut
Railroadfan...fan

CSX Signals

Unread post by trainnut »

Does anyone know when the new signals will be up and operating in Plymouth? They are south of Main street near Bodies restaurant.

MRC_Andrew
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CSX Signals

Unread post by MRC_Andrew »

I've heard "this fall" bandied about, but don't have any real idea what the timetable is. I expect the real answer is something akin to "Whenever CSX is ready." It looks like new ones are going to be going in east of Plymouth diamond as well, at the point known as "Middle River" I believe. There are also new signals to the south, including between Haggerty and Joy and at John Hix Rd., that have looked ready to go for some time now. Signal work has been slowly ongoing over the last couple years, new signals at Newburgh and Glenwood Roads, and I think maybe the Wayne diamond, were put in service during the spring and summer. Romulus, too.

J3rsdm5
Speak softly and carry a big tripod

Unread post by J3rsdm5 »

Any planned for South Lyon?
"If it ain't all red, it ain't red at all"
Image JJRicks Studios

Sean N
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Sean N »

Old signals are dark and hoods are off new signals, looks like the switch over being done.
Sean

MRC_Andrew
Railroadfan...fan

New signals are lit from John Hix Rd. north to Plymouth, including the ones between Haggerty Rd. and Joy Rd. and east of the wye at Starkweather St. right by Station 885 restaurant. When I was by the area, all new signals were showing "stop" indications, and each shanty had a small army of workmen in bright yellow/green shirts engaged in what looked like electrical work. There were also what appeared to be flagmen at each switch; tenders throwing the switches manually, I suppose, until the new equipment is fully operational. Trains are operating VERY slowly through the whole area, so road traffic is tied up pretty badly.

CR900945
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CR900945 »

Looks like the old signals at Seven Mile (Saginaw Sub MP 78.9) are coming down this morning. M of W has gotten clearance from Dispatcher for that purpose. Previous separate north and south signals on either side of Seven Mile Road are being replaced by a new single bi-directional two-headed signal. New signal is on east side of track on north side of crossing. New equipment house with a satellite dish is on the west side of track also north of road crossing. Southbound signal at Middle River is ready to go as well. Don't have confirmation on that one at this time.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Is this part of converting the whole Plymouth Sub or were the old signals in very bad shape?
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

MQT1223 wrote:Is this part of converting the whole Plymouth Sub or were the old signals in very bad shape?
PTC
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

CR900945
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CR900945 »

PTC is the correct answer. Many signals have lasted well past their design life and would eventually wear out but the current push is dictated by newer PTC-compatibility requirements. The new southbound Middle River 3-headed signal is now in use. Searchlight signal removed.

MRC_Andrew
Railroadfan...fan

While I'm thinking of it, does that all-new signal between Haggerty and Joy have a name?

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

Joyerty...or perhaps Haggajoy.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

MRC_Andrew
Railroadfan...fan

Doktor No wrote:Joyerty...or perhaps Haggajoy.
:lol:

I gotta admit, I kinda like the sound of Haggajoy. Or maybe Jaggerty.

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KVERBERK »

does anyone have any photos of the new signal installations?
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan