GLC in Durand

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
TC railman
Railroadfan...fan

GLC in Durand

Unread post by TC railman »

Anything coming to Durand with GLC or Ann Arbor? CN had a reroute because of a detail!

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Re: GLC in Durand

Unread post by TC Man »

TC railman wrote:Anything coming to Durand with GLC or Ann Arbor? CN had a reroute because of a detail!

Ann Arbor RR doesn't go to Durand...
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

TC railman wrote:Anything coming to Durand with GLC or Ann Arbor? CN had a reroute because of a detail!
A reroute because of what kind of a detail? Did you happen to mean deRail and if so, where's the derail at?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Like TC Man said AARR doesn't go to Durand however interchange cars between the two railroads does
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TC railman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC railman »

Some workers told me that a derailment happend in Canada!

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

TC railman wrote:Some workers told me that a derailment happend in Canada!
It may have, but reroutes would stick to the Flint Sub. A few years ago they had to shut down the line that goes around the north side of the Great Lakes and that brought quite a few reroutes across the Flint Sub, but something would have had to happen between Port Huron and Durand to force trains down the Mt. Clemens Sub and up the Holly Sub to Durand. NOTHING would be running up the GLC to Durand. If the line isn't open, CN would either park the train until the line reopens, or send it via the scenic route to get it around the closure. One the east side of Michigan, CN has plenty of alternate routes.
~ Charles W.