Business on the AMTK Michigan Line

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
TrainWatcher
The Beast

Business on the AMTK Michigan Line

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Got to ride 353 and 354 this past week to Chicago for business and made a few notes that thought a few might be interested in.

-Contractors Steel in Canton is shipping/receiving. Spotted a bulkhead flat and a scrap gon on their spur.
-Worthington Steel in Canton (Haggerty) didn't have any cars, but did notice they expanded their in plant yard to now 3 tracks and a yellow trackmobile
-Main #2 ballast extends now to just West of the Station at Ann Arbor.
-CSX/CR Transfer Cab 18xxx that was at Plymouth forever, looks to be hanging out now in Wayne along the back of the yard.
-New CSX NB signals are activated at Glenwood Road.

dmitzel
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Business on the AMTK Michigan Line

Unread post by dmitzel »

>> -Main #2 ballast extends now to just West of the Station at Ann Arbor.

Really?! the Michigan Line is going back to two main tracks all the way through A.A. like during the NYC-PC-early CR days? I thought they were going to stop the double-track in Ypsi?

This is really cool if true.
D.M. Mitzel
Div. 8-NCR-NMRA
Oxford, Mich.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Worthington Canton holds 8 cars inside its building. They use Canton as a distribution center for other MI locations as well as its own production.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

dmitzel wrote:>> -Main #2 ballast extends now to just West of the Station at Ann Arbor.

Really?! the Michigan Line is going back to two main tracks all the way through A.A. like during the NYC-PC-early CR days? I thought they were going to stop the double-track in Ypsi?

This is really cool if true.
Main #2 is the existing main from Ypsi all the way to Porter, with a few exceptions.

There are no imminent plans to reinstall main 1 to Ann Arbor yet. That is a funding issue, and won't happen until commuter service starts, god knows when...
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Ben Higdon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ben Higdon »

The recently relocated crossing protection at Forest St in Ypsi looks much too close to the single track to reinstall main tk 2.