LSRC News Letter

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

LSRC News Letter

Unread post by AARR »

A very good read and well-done newsletter :D . Big investments in their infrastructure and new business on the way.
http://lsrc.com/newsletter-2017-Q1A.PDF
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GAP
Railroadfan...fan

Re: LSRC News Letter

Unread post by GAP »

I noticed that A&L added a new location in Ishpeming. At one time they loaded scrap on the Mineral Range RR near National Mine but that ended a few years back. I wonder if they are using the old Mineral Range location again or if a new location has been established on the CN?

Waddy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Waddy »

Amazing how a railroad can grow when it has not only hard working people, but people who know what they are doing. Best of luck to the people at Lake State.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I think the A&L on Mineral Range is considered their Ishpeming location. At least that's the address it uses.

My take on the article is all scrap from the UP is trucked to Gaylord where it's shredded then loaded into railcars (or trucks).
GAP wrote:I noticed that A&L added a new location in Ishpeming. At one time they loaded scrap on the Mineral Range RR near National Mine but that ended a few years back. I wonder if they are using the old Mineral Range location again or if a new location has been established on the CN?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by David Lang »

I'm surprised they didn't mention anything about the new ARAUCO particle board plant.

David Lang

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

ARAUCO was in their last newsletter.
David Lang wrote:I'm surprised they didn't mention anything about the new ARAUCO particle board plant.

David Lang

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by David Lang »

Ok...I didn't see their last newsletter.

Thanks Don.

David

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Hi Dave, Go to their website. They post the current edition and maybe the past ones too.
David Lang wrote:Ok...I didn't see their last newsletter.

Thanks Don.

David