Baldwin D704

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Baldwin D704

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Heard the train heading out of town today. Was stopped at Godfrey Ave waiting for Y221 to clear out. As soon as they cleared, they headed north. Passed by my new perch in Comstock Park around 8:45pm. Was busy trying to watch Survivor, but Dubya was on instead...

Tonight, just heard D704 heading south near West River Ave at 2:10am. While they were crossing Fuller Ave, engineer stated they were 3500 feet with 2 big engines. I do believe it's dark territory north of Fuller Ave, thus meaning they don't need to call out until they approach there. Is this correct?
D704 updates will hopefully happen more often now :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Really nice to finally meet you on saturday, Zack. I believe D704 must call the dispatcher every time they change blocks along the Baldiwn Sub. I know there is a block change about a mile south of Baldwin depot, and another at the White Cloud "yard", and a few more as well. Good to hear they're getting some good size trains up that way! Keep the updates coming, or email me directly, and we'll get them up on the Chessie Chapter page.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

GP30M4216 wrote:Really nice to finally meet you on saturday, Zack. I believe D704 must call the dispatcher every time they change blocks along the Baldiwn Sub. I know there is a block change about a mile south of Baldwin depot, and another at the White Cloud "yard", and a few more as well. Good to hear they're getting some good size trains up that way! Keep the updates coming, or email me directly, and we'll get them up on the Chessie Chapter page.
nice to meet you and mackinaw mac, or whatever he goes by now.. why not just change his name to alco century? anyway, i should have taken off around when you did, very much a lack of train action. the CM train came through at 5:30, and didn't see another train, so i left at 8pm.
Thanks for the D704 info..haven't gotten a chance to listen in much yet, but hope to catch it at times. I'll email them over to you as well with whatever information i have.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

choochooyou
Railroadfan...fan

D704

Unread post by choochooyou »

The D704 calls the dispatcher before they leave the terminal to get the blocks, It is dark territory( no signals just blocks) If you here on the radio the conductor call for the blocks that means it's probly an extra board conductor calling the dispatcher because the conductor that work the job regular always call the dispatcher on the phone. As for blocks there's the
Gr yard limits, Stock, kent, grant, cloud and baldwin yard limits.