signal work in Traverse city?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
TC railman
Railroadfan...fan

signal work in Traverse city?

Unread post by TC railman »

I was driving home from school and two GLC workers (and hi-railers) had the signal box open on birmley road. Down the tracks 1/2 mile two more trucks were heading to birmley road!?!?!

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Re: signal work in Traverse city?

Unread post by TC Man »

Just say them testing the lights on the LONG unused Grawn branch (S. Airport crossing nearest to Cass Rd). Guessing just doing required testing of all the signals in the TC area.

Also, your screen name is VERY similar to mine ! :shock:
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

A friend of mine will be spending one week in Traverse City, Father's Day week! He will photograph trains for me! What days/times does the freight come to T.C.? :?:
What are the current customers, where? Is the
Great Lakes Central® again serving the "Cherry Growers" in Grawn?
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Robert, the only customer is Amerhart in Bats (west of Williamsburg. They are usually switched 1-2x per week. I don't think there's set days. Keep an eye on the Train Location thread for GLC. The guys usually post when a load of lumber shows up in Cadillac and usually it is taken to Amerhart the next day.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=35016&start=20
Robertrains wrote:A friend of mine will be spending one week in Traverse City, Father's Day week! He will photograph trains for me! What days/times does the freight come to T.C.? :?:
Does the
Great Lakes Central® only serve the "Cherry Growers" in Grawn on this branch?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

AANscaleRunner reports todays train returned from Clare with a loaded center beam so they'll probably go to Traverse City tomorrow or Friday
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...