Csx Plymouth sub traffic.increase?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
MRC_Andrew
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Csx Plymouth sub traffic.increase?

Unread post by MRC_Andrew »

Per a post at trainorders.com Stanley Yard is going to have some bowl tracks removed starting this week, and "manifest traffic bound for detroit, flint, port huron and grand rapids" will be routed via Chicago and Grand Rapids.

Mr.Steelhead
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mr.Steelhead »

Theres been no talk about the CP coming back I have no idea where that came from! By the way the PM is a faster route from Detroit to Chicago with all the traffic on the Chicago line there are bound to be delays to almost every train.
I do know that they are not planning on removing the bowl tracks at Stanley yard anytime soon like the rumors say they are.

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by David Lang »

Per a post at trainorders.com Stanley Yard is going to have some bowl tracks removed starting this week, and "manifest traffic bound for detroit, flint, port huron and grand rapids" will be routed via Chicago and Grand Rapids.
"If" freight bound for Detroit, Flint, Port Huron, GR, and Chicago will be routed via Grand Rapids, how many trains is that?

I know the Flint / Toledo is a pair (321 / 322), Flint to Port Huron is a pair (D-711 and return), and Chicago to Detroit train (Is that a pair or more? What are the train numbers?)

Also, how will they route the coal trains to Pt. Huron? Will they still come up from Toledo?

Thanks.

David Lang

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

MRC_Andrew wrote:Per a post at trainorders.com Stanley Yard is going to have some bowl tracks removed starting this week, and "manifest traffic bound for detroit, flint, port huron and grand rapids" will be routed via Chicago and Grand Rapids.
As far as I know, some of that post is correct, some is not.

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

MRC_Andrew wrote:Per a post at trainorders.com Stanley Yard is going to have some bowl tracks removed starting this week, and "manifest traffic bound for detroit, flint, port huron and grand rapids" will be routed via Chicago and Grand Rapids.
Assuming that this is true, the timing could not be better. I'm headed to MSU this fall, and it'll be refreshing to see something other than noodles and horseheads.

Do the current trains over the Plymouth Sub arrive during the night or is it pretty much a crapshoot as to when they'll roll through EL?
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Railroads in Lansing are CN, CSX and JAIL.
NSSD70ACe wrote:Assuming that this is true, the timing could not be better. I'm headed to MSU this fall, and it'll be refreshing to see something other than noodles and horseheads.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

NSSD70ACe wrote:
Assuming that this is true, the timing could not be better. I'm headed to MSU this fall, and it'll be refreshing to see something other than noodles and horseheads.

Do the current trains over the Plymouth Sub arrive during the night or is it pretty much a crapshoot as to when they'll roll through EL?
I believe the call time for D705/706 is 9am at Toledo and Lansing, respectively. They alternate days, and I'm not sure which days those are though. So you should see 706 in the morning if it's on time, and 705 I think is usually on Plymouth Sub by evening. I'm just remembering some posts from a few weeks back, so some of this may be off.

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

AARR wrote:Railroads in Lansing are CN, CSX and JAIL. ]
Yeah, I know, but it's still more variety than what's offered here. After seeing nothing but Watco, noodles, and the occasional horsehead, I could go for some JAIL and YN paint.

And even though CN is still there, I'd imagine that there's a little more variety in ops than the two locals in Kalamazoo County. (There's more than two trains on the CN, but the locals are the ones I see the most).
atrainguy60 wrote:
I believe the call time for D705/706 is 9am at Toledo and Lansing, respectively. They alternate days, and I'm not sure which days those are though. So you should see 706 in the morning if it's on time, and 705 I think is usually on Plymouth Sub by evening. I'm just remembering some posts from a few weeks back, so some of this may be off.
Thanks for the info!
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

NSSD70ACe wrote:
AARR wrote:Railroads in Lansing are CN, CSX and JAIL. ]
Yeah, I know, but it's still more variety than what's offered here. After seeing nothing but Watco, noodles, and the occasional horsehead, I could go for some JAIL and YN paint.

And even though CN is still there, I'd imagine that there's a little more variety in ops than the two locals in Kalamazoo County. (There's more than two trains on the CN, but the locals are the ones I see the most).
atrainguy60 wrote:
Thanks for the info!
No problem. I found the thread not too far below. It should have some good info. Obviously keep an eye on the CSX updates, I see updates for D705 sometimes on there: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34841

dave989
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dave989 »

Seeing Q326 arriving on a Sunday morning tells me the shift is slowly
coming to the west side of the state. I can't remember seeing q326 on
a Sunday. Wyoming yard is not a huge yard and currently has lots of room.
Feeling cautiously optimistic about the GRR to Porter line.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Something I've been wondering about for awhile. Is CSX going to stop running to Port Huron and have CN overhead the chemical traffic to CSX in Toledo or Detroit down the Mt Clemens Sub?
Exit stage left

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

There has been speculation about this since the Port Huron tunnel opened in 1995. I think it'll happen someday but can't predict when.
redside20 wrote:Something I've been wondering about for awhile. Is CSX going to stop running to Port Huron and have CN overhead the chemical traffic to CSX in Toledo or Detroit down the Mt Clemens Sub?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster

Unread post by BL2-1843 »

Sounds now like Q324 running between Chicago and Toledo, will soon be coming Chicago, Grand Rapids and Flint. Or, having 326 running on to Flint with the Flint cars, and having 324 running on to Toledo from GRP with the cars now running on D706.

JoJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JoJames »

And another post from a employee shows 324 and 509 becoming Columbus Ohio to Chicago trains.
Have to wait and see how this all works out. Doesn't sound good for the Toledo sub north of Deshler.

ssnk79
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ssnk79 »

Grain and Coal to Flint will still be the same as it is now, Via Toledo, Manifest will be by GR via the new GR to Flint Local, Unless they come up with a different plan already. PH local will still be the same that I know of, just the routing of the cars to flint will be different. One thing I have noticed that I haven't see any Coal for PH since the power plant explosion last year. Unless they ran something and I didn't noticed.
CSX_CO: 10 minutes, keep hoping the yard blows up and I won't have to go in tonight.

CSX_CO: Hump Hump Hump all night long, hump all night while I sing this song. See those cars, going to make them fly, sure hope the double o' eight is on time

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I read on another board they're not expecting coal again until the fall due to mild winter and surplus piles.
ssnk79 wrote:One thing I have noticed that I haven't see any Coal for PH since the power plant explosion last year. Unless they ran something and I didn't noticed.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

D705/D706 are done, last D705 out of Stanley will be tomorrow. New trains D701 and D702 starting next week, GR to Flint, 6 days a week. It sounds like for now all traffic from Flint and GR will be routed via Chicago until a GR to Willard or Cincinatti train is implemented.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Thanks for the update. Hopefully q326/q327 will go 6 days a week to keep up with the flow of cars to get things moved from GR to/from Chicago.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

BamaSubdivision94
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BamaSubdivision94 »

SD80MAC wrote:D705/D706 are done, last D705 out of Stanley will be tomorrow. New trains D701 and D702 starting next week, GR to Flint, 6 days a week. It sounds like for now all traffic from Flint and GR will be routed via Chicago until a GR to Willard or Cincinatti train is implemented.
Interesting. Where do you get your information?

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

~Z~ wrote:Thanks for the update. Hopefully q326/q327 will go 6 days a week to keep up with the flow of cars to get things moved from GR to/from Chicago.
It will.