Csx Plymouth sub traffic.increase?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CSX Expecting​ More Traffic On The Plymouth Subdivision​

Unread post by PatAzo »

There are many discussions about the Plymouth Subdivision hoping traffic increases and CP comes back. But the Plymouth sub is a longer route that does not bypass the bottle necks like Chicago.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: CSX Expecting​ More Traffic On The Plymouth Subdivision​

Unread post by ~Z~ »

MiddleMI wrote:Isn't there a thread (or two) not that far down the page speculating about this, already?
Yes, so I merged them together
Wabash1070 wrote:When I saw D708 Yesterday I heard what sounded like track work going on at 77.5 (which I'm assuming is just west of Meridian Road) didn't think much of it. Then today I was listening to G799 on the Scanner and I heard something kinda strange he called out both the East End and West End Signals for Williamston which they don't normally do. Is there a possibility CSX is gearing up for some more traffic on the Plymouth Sub??
It's likely just a different crew than you normally hear. I sometimes hear crews calling "clear a pair at saugatuck" or hudsonville or fox, sometimes they call each end of the siding. Some trackwork is also normal. How these two events causes you to speculate more traffic is coming has me going: Image
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

dave989
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Csx Plymouth sub traffic.increase?

Unread post by dave989 »

I have been fortunate enough to catch Q327 out of Grandville for the past couple
weeks and it looks like the pattern that was present in May has returned, Looks
like stuff that's supposed to go to Toledo is going to Barr again. I keep wondering
when the "brains" are going to run Willard to G.R. and vice versa. Summer could
be very interesting.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: Csx Plymouth sub traffic.increase?

Unread post by SD80MAC »

You are correct. At the same time the Flint traffic was rerouted from Toledo to Grand Rapids via Chicago, all of the GR bound traffic that historically came from Toledo (handled by Q334/335, D707/708 and at the very end D705/706) was rerouted towards Chicago as well. Now the Flint traffic has left GR, but all of the freight continues to come from Chicago, with the only thing coming from Toledo currently being the occasional grain train.

There have been a few extra D902s and D901s between Grand Rapids and Flint in the past week as Detroit can simply not handle everything that has been thrown at them. We'll see what happens.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/