Csx Plymouth sub traffic.increase?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Csx Plymouth sub traffic.increase?

Unread post by AARR »

Is this a train each way six days a week or a train one way then back the next?
Typhoon wrote:
~Z~ wrote:Thanks for the update. Hopefully q326/q327 will go 6 days a week to keep up with the flow of cars to get things moved from GR to/from Chicago.
It will.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

florida581
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by florida581 »

SD80MAC wrote:D705/D706 are done, last D705 out of Stanley will be tomorrow. New trains D701 and D702 starting next week, GR to Flint, 6 days a week. It sounds like for now all traffic from Flint and GR will be routed via Chicago until a GR to Willard or Cincinatti train is implemented.
What train(s) feed D707 its traffic? With D705/D706 going away, will D707 still run?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

AARR wrote:Is this a train each way six days a week or a train one way then back the next?
Typhoon wrote:
~Z~ wrote:Thanks for the update. Hopefully q326/q327 will go 6 days a week to keep up with the flow of cars to get things moved from GR to/from Chicago.
It will.
Both should run 6 days a week, or even daily. One way each day is essentially what they're doing currently, and would result in 300-car trains.

I wouldn't put it past Hunter to try, but I don't think they could fit it between Grandville and the East End :lol:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

florida581 wrote:
SD80MAC wrote:D705/D706 are done, last D705 out of Stanley will be tomorrow. New trains D701 and D702 starting next week, GR to Flint, 6 days a week. It sounds like for now all traffic from Flint and GR will be routed via Chicago until a GR to Willard or Cincinatti train is implemented.
What train(s) feed D707 its traffic? With D705/D706 going away, will D707 still run?
D707 handled all local traffic between and including Lake Odessa and Ensel Yard in Lansing, along with forwarding the cars to and from D708, the Lansing-Plymouth local. That's the way it pretty much always has been the last decade or so. It was only when they axed Q334/335 that they also began overheading the GR-Toledo traffic on D707 and D708. Then recently they took the overheading burden off D708 and created D705/706.

Now they'll basically return D707 and D708 back to "the way it has always been", with them handling the local traffic. Then the GR-Toledo-and-beyond train(s) will be re-instated at some point to carry the overhead traffic eastward from GR. Sounds like, at least for a little while, all traffic to/from GR will be handled through Barr Yard in Chicago, until they reboot the Toledo Train(s), which likely will terminate at Willard or Cincinnati in their new form, so goes the grapevine.

BL2-1843
Howell Yardmaster

Unread post by BL2-1843 »

Has it been said yet, (if I didn't miss it somewhere) what the call times will be for D701 & D702 each day?

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

In the meantime, D707 will continue ferrying the Lansing and GLC traffic from GR to Lansing.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

BL2-1843 wrote:Has it been said yet, (if I didn't miss it somewhere) what the call times will be for D701 & D702 each day?
I don't believe it's been said yet.

dave989
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dave989 »

Question, what are the chances that with the shifting traffic patterns that CSX
will re-institute Q336,Q337. I keep thinking that the new boss is trying to do
what the old boss failed to do. Get the slop freight off the B&O. Thoughts?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

dave989 wrote:Question, what are the chances that with the shifting traffic patterns that CSX
Between D701/D702 and Q326/Q327 that's basically what you've got. Both pairs will run at least 6, maybe 7, times per week.

I bet at some point, with all of the Michigan traffic coming to GR, that they'll restart a train to Ohio from GR, probably to Willard. And if we get Detroit traffic, we're back to 326/327/334/335/336/337, albeit in "condensed" form.

Turns out, sometimes the old way of doing things is actually better. Huh.

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Super Chief »

We kicked Hunter out of Florida for a week, he's coming to Michigan to size things up. Maybe Wyoming yard is on the radar screen.

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

Super Chief wrote:We kicked Hunter out of Florida for a week, he's coming to Michigan to size things up. Maybe Wyoming yard is on the radar screen.
Maybe? It already is. Its a flat yard built to kick cars in. One can bust a move and take apart a train in decent time and then rebuild an outbound. Nuttin to it. IF you know how to do it.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chapmaja »

Doktor No wrote:
Super Chief wrote:We kicked Hunter out of Florida for a week, he's coming to Michigan to size things up. Maybe Wyoming yard is on the radar screen.
Maybe? It already is. Its a flat yard built to kick cars in. One can bust a move and take apart a train in decent time and then rebuild an outbound. Nuttin to it. IF you know how to do it.
What's the working car capacity of Wyoming Yard per day.

Also, what carload traffic is generally headed into and out of Wyoming on a daily basis?

The traffic between Howell and Grand Rapids (including JAIL and GLC interchange).

The MQT traffic as well as local GR customers and the GRE/MMRR traffic)

Does traffic from Benton Harbor and points north come into Wyoming Yard or is that picked up and set out in Holland?

Now apparently the Flint traffic (LSRC, HESR, Port Huron) also comes through Wyoming.

Is there any additional traffic running into and out of Wyoming Yard currently?

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

Count the cars and figure it out yourself. That's sorta propriatory/privlidged info to a certain extent. Key is sorta...as in count it. I know its a innocent question but I wouldn't answer it even if I could.
Lets just say ITS A LOT. Used to move 4 times the traffic into and out of the yard not that long ago. NOT COUNTING CP either.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Stab in the dark-

Wyoming currently builds trains for:
Chicago, 3-4 days per week (going up to 6)
Lansing, Howell, GLC interchange, JAIL interchange, 5 days a week(?)
MQT - Baldwin, Ludington, Mansitee, 5 days a week
CSX west - Holland setoff (Holland proper, Hamilton, Zeeland, plus the MSRR interchange), plus Coloma, Benton Harbor, Stevensville, 5 days a week
GDLK interchange at Grand Rapids
Grand Rapids yard jobs/industries + GRE interchange

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Every customer and interchanging railroad's traffic (WMI, MS, GRE, MQT, CPMY, GDLK, JAIL, GLC) on the Grand Rapids, Fremont, Grand Rapids Terminal and Plymouth subs is switched out in Grand Rapids.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

barnstormer
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by barnstormer »

Saturnalia wrote:
dave989 wrote:Question, what are the chances that with the shifting traffic patterns that CSX
Between D701/D702 and Q326/Q327 that's basically what you've got. Both pairs will run at least 6, maybe 7, times per week.

I bet at some point, with all of the Michigan traffic coming to GR, that they'll restart a train to Ohio from GR, probably to Willard.
And if we get Detroit traffic, we're back to 326/327/334/335/336/337, albeit in "condensed" form.

Turns out, sometimes the old way of doing things is actually better. Huh.
I would like to see Q326/Q327 to Detroit put back on, too, like it used to be (as part of the Detroit Division). With it going
via GR to Chicago, it would mean a car is handled by only 2 crews, compared to the 3 crews it's handled by going via
the Toledo/Garrett route to Chicago. We'll never have it like it was, but it'll be better this way....especially considering EHH
favors flat switching, which is what GR is built to do a lot of, as Doc noted earlier.

If they do that, maybe we could see Q337/Q336 to Clearing yd again!

just spittin'.....

-barny

dave989
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dave989 »

Yeah, it was better traffic wise in Grand Rapids (this weekend) but there is still plenty
of room in Wyoming Yard. Still got a way to go but traffic and train frequency
trending up.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Saturnalia wrote:Flint traffic through GR? yummy!
Yummy? -Facepalm- :|

Must be some lead coming over on the GR bound trains.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

And this was posted in chat tonight:. (19:45:43) ssnk79: Last week for the 701/702
So sounds like our increases might be going away.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

That's disappointing. I wonder what's gonna replace them.