passenger study

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
KC
Railroadfan...fan

passenger study

Unread post by KC »

Ben Higdon
Railroadfan...fan

Re: passenger study

Unread post by Ben Higdon »

Oy. I hope no tax money is going towards this study.

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Only in Michigan have we spent more money studying potential passenger rail routes then what it would cost to actually build the GD thing
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

GTW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTW »

And no new passenger cars !! LOL

NYCMan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NYCMan »

Yep, another study wherein a bunch of Taxpayer dollars are going to line the personal pockets of a few "close buddies." I can quote you chapter and verse what the study will conclude, as they all are mimeographed copies of the same.

They don't need to buy no new passenger cars, because MDOT is too busy making sole-sourced side-deals with Great Lakes Railcar to provide "refurbished" ex-Metra 1960's commuter cars at prices which are far higher than the cost for new, with plenty of money to going into a couple of people's personal wallets. Working for the Government must be great, with all the money that is available to divert to "special projects" and really toward personal friends' wallets. After all, We the Taxpayers can afford it.

I hope the Detroit Free Press continues looking into the shady dealings involving MDOT's Rail Division, as they have yet to reach the tip of the iceberg.