Ann Arbor commuter rail

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Ann Arbor commuter rail

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Railroad's cooperation needed for Ann Arbor commuter rail plan http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/ind ... river_home
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Ann Arbor commuter rail

Unread post by AARR »

Watco is agreeable to allowing the commuter train to use its rails into downtown Ann Arbor. When AA was privately owned they would not allow the commuter trains on their tracks. That's a nice change for the commuter train.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chapmaja »

I wonder how much it would cost to upgrade a couple tracks at Ferry Yard to allow commuter trains to Ferry Yard on gameday. There could be an athletic campus station placed at the walkway crossing the AA near Stadium and it would be perfect for people getting to games at any of the major athletic facilities that are within walking distance.

NYCMan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NYCMan »

I doubt they will have room for football specials to Ferry yard. After all, they are going to need Ferry Yard to store all the Ann Arbor-Traverse City commuter train cars between trips. Rumor also has it, which I heard from a highly placed knowledgeable source at Amtrak, that Amtrak is going to do a re-route of the Lake Shore Limited and run it up to Ann Arbor from Toledo and then over the Amtrak Michigan Line into Chicago. With all the high speed improvements on the Amtrak Michigan Line, the overall trip time for the Lake Shore Limited will be reduced, and it will free up the tracks between Toledo, Elkhart and Porter for the heavy NS freight activity.