Mass City MI on the E&LS

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Cucorailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Mass City MI on the E&LS

Unread post by Cucorailfan »

I've been venturing out to Mass City from Houghton MI once or twice a week since early March in an effort to catch an E&LS pulp run. I know they've been in and out, because there are new cars, either empty waiting to be loaded, or loads waiting to be picked up. However, I haven't been lucky enough to catch a train. They appear to be making two runs a week's, but I haven't a clue as to what their schedule looks like. I know there is at least one other member here that might be in the Houghton area who may be interested in checking it out. Just an fyi

Cucorailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Mass City MI on the E&LS

Even armed with reliable information (the Mass wood yard office said they ordered a train for Tuesday, with a promise of Wednesday if they didn't make it) my day in Mass City was reminiscent of years past. Nothing is guaranteed on the E&LS. I'm prepping for day three in Mass. A foolhardy mission? Perhaps!

Cucorailfan
Railroadfan...fan

I eventually caught up with the E&LS. They came into town hauling 31 empty cars for pulpwood, they left 20, picked up 12 loads, and dropped the remaining empties off at Frost Jct.
Attachments
E&LS 500 Mass City, MI March 16,2017
E&LS 500 Mass City, MI March 16,2017

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I admire your perseverance. Thanks for the update. We appreciate E&LS reports. :)
Cucorailfan wrote:I eventually caught up with the E&LS. They came into town hauling 31 empty cars for pulpwood, they left 20, picked up 12 loads, and dropped the remaining empties off at Frost Jct.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...