Charlotte Southern Stored Passenger Cars

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Charlotte Southern Stored Passenger Cars

Unread post by NS3322 »

Does anyone know the reporting marks/heritage of these two passenger cars stored outside of Charlotte?

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Re: Charlotte Southern Stored Passenger Cars

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Take a walk just don't get caught. You may be able to find a list out there of ABDF owned cars and narrow it down by process of elimination. I have a contact with them who may know the story of these cars I will have to ask next time I see him. More then likely they were part of the fleet of former Amtrak cars they bought and were deemed too far gone to use or were used for parts.
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Charlotte Southern Stored Passenger Cars

Unread post by NS3322 »

SousaKerry wrote:Take a walk just don't get caught. You may be able to find a list out there of ABDF owned cars and narrow it down by process of elimination. I have a contact with them who may know the story of these cars I will have to ask next time I see him. More then likely they were part of the fleet of former Amtrak cars they bought and were deemed too far gone to use or were used for parts.
One is of Long Island Railroad heritage, but I'm not sure on the other.
It appears there were originally three stored at the end of the line behind the Eaton Farm Bureau.
Here's a photo from 2002 by Eddie Gross.