The Milford Depot will not be saved

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

The Milford Depot will not be saved

Unread post by MQT1223 »

The group trying to save the depot in Milford per their Facebook page has given up their efforts and unfortunately one of the oldest railroad structures in Michigan will most likely get leveled for a new apartment complex unless someone can step in with deep pockets.

The depot was built in 1871 by the F&PM and is the only depot that has ever stood in Milford. It never burned, nor was replaced. A sad loss if and when the inevitable comes.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Re: The Milford Depot will not be saved

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Effort underway to move historical Milford train depot
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/general- ... rain-depot
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Super Chief »

The article was last July, so if the Facebook page is current they gave up.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

They were unable to raise $180,000 in time, per the page.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

NYCMan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NYCMan »

Sorry to see the depot go. But what really has me curious is, as to the unsuccessful fund raising effort, I wonder what happened to the "some amount less than $180,000" that was raised?

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

NYCMan wrote:Sorry to see the depot go. But what really has me curious is, as to the unsuccessful fund raising effort, I wonder what happened to the "some amount less than $180,000" that was raised?
It will be returned I believe.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

MQT1223 wrote:
NYCMan wrote:Sorry to see the depot go. But what really has me curious is, as to the unsuccessful fund raising effort, I wonder what happened to the "some amount less than $180,000" that was raised?
It will be returned I believe.
Believe it was stated that anything donated above $100 will be returned and the donations smaller than that will go to the local historical society.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com