Progress of the Michigan Line M/W (part 5)

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Re: Progress of the Michigan Line M/W (part 5)

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

"West Michigan Ave at Old Michigan and Stadium Drive in Kalamazoo will be closed from 7/17 to 7/31 to facilitate railroad work" -City of Kalamazoo twitter page

Interestingly enough, the Paterson Atreet crossing between N. Edwards and N. Pitcher will also be closed from 7/17 to 7/31 for "railroad work". However, Paterson is a Grand Elk crossing, not Amtrak, and was in pretty good shape the last time I was over there (a few months ago). I believe the lights are a little outdated though.
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Just a heads up for everyone, the new signals at MP 145.2 in Kalamazoo are unbagged and activated. Here are the changes:

For trains coming from the west, they will be facing the two-headed signals. For trains that are coming from the east, they will be facing one-headed signals. I believe the one headed signals have been named "1451W" and "1452W", judging from the numberboards on the signal stands.

Would the activation of these signals be the next step to activating the next segment of ITCS on the line?

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

NSSD70ACe wrote:Would the activation of these signals be the next step to activating the next segment of ITCS on the line?
Isn't ITCS already in service between BO Tower and the WEDT of Kalamazoo? In this case it would just be a modification to the ITCS built in as part of the signal change on the ground.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Saturnalia wrote:
NSSD70ACe wrote:Would the activation of these signals be the next step to activating the next segment of ITCS on the line?
Isn't ITCS already in service between BO Tower and the WEDT of Kalamazoo? In this case it would just be a modification to the ITCS built in as part of the signal change on the ground.
I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

From a recent observation, it seems that the eastbound cantilever signals for CP-Mort in Dearborn had the new #1 track signals unbagged and in operation. Is this track now finally in service between Mort and Wayne?

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Yes