Diann Siding

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Diann Siding

Unread post by AARR »

As of a year and a half ago they were shipping 3-4 cars a week.
Waddy wrote:Does the Dundee plant even ship by rail? Google maps shows American refining tanks being trans loaded there.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

I'm curious, if CSX does curtail switching alltogether at Stanley to avoid Toledo, could any misc traffic be routed down the I&O to go around Toledo? As for the supposed traffic source off the Annie, time will tell for the extra traffic would be great pickup. I have to wonder if the Annie traffic is an x factor for the I&0, because they seem to get good traffic from them.
Exit stage left

CR Cabanaw
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CR Cabanaw »

Just an update: Spoke to a signal employee from the AA today and he said they are supposed to be adding THREE tracks to the interchange, which would bring the total to five. He said their purpose would mainly be for storage. Didn't ask about why or where they traffic came from though.

Another thing he said was that they were supposed to start the addition last summer but it didn't happen. However, he hasn't heard of the project being cancelled.... I wonder if the AA will wait on CN to start its upgrades that way all the work that needs to be done at Diann can be done around the same time?
" "

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

CR Cabanaw is this an automotive customer wanting rail shipments or will it be something different? It can't be the proposed Bunge soybean plant because their only looking in Indiana and Ohio. However Zeeland Farms is building their own soybean processing plant near Ithaca on the old ethanol grounds and the Cargill plant going in at Owosso. Are these extra tracks being built to possibly hold the soybean traffic for Ithaca and will that traffic be exchanged with the I&O?
Exit stage left

MiddleMI
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiddleMI »

Quick question, because I've seen some discrepencies on maps, but exactly how much further north-east does IORY territory go beyond Diann? I've seen some maps showing the IORY ending at the crossing, and others putting it quite a bit ways to the north/east.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

MiddleMI wrote:Quick question, because I've seen some discrepencies on maps, but exactly how much further north-east does IORY territory go beyond Diann? I've seen some maps showing the IORY ending at the crossing, and others putting it quite a bit ways to the north/east.
I&O begins/ends at Diann.
Bottom text.

CR Cabanaw
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CR Cabanaw »

PTC UPDATE:
1) The road decks at Doty Rd. and Sumpter Rd. have both been repaved and the maybee siding panels cut out of each. The maybee siding is now discontinuous.
2) The switch panel at the south end of the Diann siding has been taken out and moved to the north side of Gloff Rd. Straight rail replaces the panel's former location.
3) A couple days ago, MOW dropped straight rail at each end of maybee and the north end of Diann. The control points will probably be straight-railed by the end of the
year.

I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone on the AA to get an update on their interchange project.
" "