New signals on CSX

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
MRC_Andrew
Railroadfan...fan

New signals on CSX

Unread post by MRC_Andrew »

I noticed today during my travels that new signals were lying on the ground at John Hix Rd. New signals masts with "Vader"-style heads have been going up all along the Saginaw Sub south from Plymouth for a couple years now, but haven't been activated that I know of (the heads are still turned away from the tracks). I believe John Hix was the last location that hadn't received the replacements. So is it safe to assume (how railfans love to assume, including me!) that once the new signals at John Hix are up and connected that the rest will finally be put into use?

barnstormer
Railroadfan...fan

Re: New signals on CSX

Unread post by barnstormer »

MRC_Andrew wrote:I noticed today during my travels that new signals were lying on the ground at John Hix Rd. New signals masts with "Vader"-style heads have been going up all along the Saginaw Sub south from Plymouth for a couple years now, but haven't been activated that I know of (the heads are still turned away from the tracks). I believe John Hix was the last location that hadn't received the replacements. So is it safe to assume (how railfans love to assume, including me!) that once the new signals at John Hix are up and connected that the rest will finally be put into use?
You can always assume that, but you will be wrong in that assumption. The signals at Main st. haven't been installed yet, though the bases & flowerpots have. (cantilevered SAS for both main & siding, tall ones for the NAS) They have not yet started on the signals surrounding the diamond, either.

I was running a train through there recently, and can say with reasonable certainty, that you'd better get your snicker's bar out, it's gonna be awhile.

-barny

MRC_Andrew
Railroadfan...fan

Re: New signals on CSX

Unread post by MRC_Andrew »

barnstormer wrote:
MRC_Andrew wrote:I noticed today during my travels that new signals were lying on the ground at John Hix Rd. New signals masts with "Vader"-style heads have been going up all along the Saginaw Sub south from Plymouth for a couple years now, but haven't been activated that I know of (the heads are still turned away from the tracks). I believe John Hix was the last location that hadn't received the replacements. So is it safe to assume (how railfans love to assume, including me!) that once the new signals at John Hix are up and connected that the rest will finally be put into use?
You can always assume that, but you will be wrong in that assumption. The signals at Main st. haven't been installed yet, though the bases & flowerpots have. (cantilevered SAS for both main & siding, tall ones for the NAS) They have not yet started on the signals surrounding the diamond, either.

I was running a train through there recently, and can say with reasonable certainty, that you'd better get your snicker's bar out, it's gonna be awhile.

-barny
Mmmm, Snickers bars. Thanks for the info! I didn't realize cantilevered signals were going in at Main Street.