ThyssenKrupp Detroit

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
DetNative
Railroadfan...fan

ThyssenKrupp Detroit

Unread post by DetNative »

Hey guys.

At I-94 and Livernois there is an old spur(thruway?). The rail bridge over the freeway still exists, but I don't think the track has been in use in a long time. Do any of you know if Thyssen Krupp uses the spur? Or any word on when it was last used and by whom?

According to maps, it is CSX trackage, but different maps are unclear on whether it is in use or abandoned.

For the record, this is what I am talking about. https://goo.gl/maps/u6MvP1pAj4x

Thank you!

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Re: ThyssenKrupp Detroit

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

CSX still uses the bridge to runaround their cars after switching CocaCola. Just south of I-94 is the end of the line.

DetNative
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DetNative »

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:CSX still uses the bridge to runaround their cars after switching CocaCola. Just south of I-94 is the end of the line.
Interesting, I have never noticed or seen them on the bridge. Thank you!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Kimmel Iron and Metal is the other steady customer. And there's a place near Fullerton Jct. that seems to get a few cars now and then.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

DetNative wrote:
ConrailDetr​oit wrote:CSX still uses the bridge to runaround their cars after switching CocaCola. Just south of I-94 is the end of the line.
Interesting, I have never noticed or seen them on the bridge. Thank you!
They run every Tuesday and Friday in the morning.