Conrail derailment.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Conrail derailment.

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Last night there was a derailment at Rouge yard. Night job had about 60 cars from USS and about the middle of the train a few cars decided to leave the rail. Hulcher on the scene now.

mowingman
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Conrail derailment.

Unread post by mowingman »

That must be the Hulcher crew from the Toledo Division. That has got be a cold miserable job in the winter weather up there.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

mowingman wrote:That must be the Hulcher crew from the Toledo Division. That has got be a cold miserable job in the winter weather up there.
Yup. We call, they come. Weather has nothing to do with it. These guys are as hard as the frozen ground they work on.

mowingman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mowingman »

Yes, a good friend of mine, who was a VP with Hulcher for about 35 years,(now retired), has told me a lot of stories about cleaning up wrecks in all kinds of terrible weather.

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

I dont know how many crews run out of Toledo for Hulchers but the forman I talked to a few years ago had some amazing stories of going up into Canada on some bad wrecks in the Mountains. Between wreck gangs and great lakes sailors I don't think you'd find a tougher bunch of guys.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e