1225 75th Birthday Run

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

1225 75th Birthday Run

Unread post by Super Chief »

Tomorrow it's 1225 75th birthday run to Clare. Cops and Doughnuts is supplying the birthday cake for the doings. Passengers will have 4 hours to investigate what's been going on around town with depot, shopping and other festivities. The tool car was given a new coat of paint thanks to a generous donation from a volunteers relative. The weather should be perfect for the run.

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Re: 1225 75th Birthday Run

Unread post by Super Chief »

Run was most enjoyable and 1225 steamed perfectly. Some wet leaves did slow her down a couple of times as sanders were problematic enroute to Clare. Kevin Keefe ex-Trains publisher & editor was on board signing his new 1225 book. Himself, Randy and Arnie from the original MSU railroad club had a good time reminiscing the old days on campus with the engine. All in all just a great day for everyone. Many people in Clare thanked us for coming. May she steam for 75 more.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Super Chief wrote:Run was most enjoyable and 1225 steamed perfectly. Some wet leaves did slow her down a couple of times as sanders were problematic enroute to Clare. Kevin Keefe ex-Trains publisher & editor was on board signing his new 1225 book. Himself, Randy and Arnie from the original MSU railroad club had a good time reminiscing the old days on campus with the engine. All in all just a great day for everyone. Many people in Clare thanked us for coming. May she steam for 75 more.
Also goes to show that the berks were not designed to run in reverse for that long. The blowdowns would get the sand wet and clog the sanders up!
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Maxwell,
Before commenting on something please stop and think instead of posting just to hear yourself talk... The berks for comfort were never meant to run tender first but from an operational stand point it is no different. For years and years the 1225 has run in reverse. Leaves on the rail would make it slip even going forward.
The blowdowns have never impacted the sanders in the past trips over the years... Sometimes you just have mechincal issues. Diesels even get clogged sanders... They have no blowdowns... Whats your excuse now?
Please think before commenting and finally go out and volunteer at SRI which you claim to be a volunteer so you can learn and then comment on a subject.
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

BerkshireKid wrote:Maxwell,
Before commenting on something please stop and think instead of posting just to hear yourself talk... The berks for comfort were never meant to run tender first but from an operational stand point it is no different. For years and years the 1225 has run in reverse. Leaves on the rail would make it slip even going forward.
The blowdowns have never impacted the sanders in the past trips over the years... Sometimes you just have mechincal issues. Diesels even get clogged sanders... They have no blowdowns... Whats your excuse now?
Please think before commenting and finally go out and volunteer at SRI which you claim to be a volunteer so you can learn and then comment on a subject.
Since I got this from an SRI crew member I'd say its valid. Leaves were also a problem as well.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

C&O6088
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by C&O6088 »

I've been trying to find where there are photos and/or videos from this run. Not in this tread, nor in the GLC or Trip threads either. Would welcome some photos and video.

Thanks,
C&O

MRC_Andrew
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MRC_Andrew »

C&O6088 wrote:I've been trying to find where there are photos and/or videos from this run. Not in this tread, nor in the GLC or Trip threads either. Would welcome some photos and video.

Thanks,
C&O
There's quite a few on youtube, including one I shot between Clare and Mt. Pleasant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKlFzwjOjW0

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

I'm working on mine currently...

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

Here's my album.

1225 75th Birthday Run

C&O6088
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by C&O6088 »

Thank you for posting the link to the video as well as the pictures!

C&O