TSBY Railroad

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
SD70ACe Fan
Railroadfan...fan

TSBY Railroad

Unread post by SD70ACe Fan »

After thinking for a long time since GLC took over the TSBY railway, I was just wondering... What if GLC did a GP35 in the TSBY paint scheme, like if they repainted TSBY GP35 #389 back into TSBY, last time I saw 389 was February 2016, in storage, and still in the good ol' TSBY paint, and If GLC repainted it into a new TSBY scheme and called it a heritage unit, that'd be a must see.

SD70ACe Fan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: TSBY Railroad

Unread post by SD70ACe Fan »

SD70ACe Fan wrote:After thinking for a long time since GLC took over the TSBY railway, I was just wondering... What if GLC did a GP35 in the TSBY paint scheme, like if they repainted TSBY GP35 #389 back into TSBY, last time I saw 389 was February 2016, in storage, and still in the good ol' TSBY paint, and If GLC repainted it into a new TSBY scheme and called it a heritage unit, that'd be a must see.
Just a thought... :lol:

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

A "Good Thought"—but it probably won't happen! They "Finally" painted their entire road fleet into :mrgreen: "GLC BLUE" :mrgreen: colors!!!!

Here's a "Classic" my Dad took of TSBY GP35 #393 (complete with 'Class Lights')—Bluewater® "Picknicker" excursion, Durand, 10-12-1997:
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=4516264
:D
TSBY GP35 #385 was second:
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=4516265
8)
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

SD70ACe Fan wrote:After thinking for a long time since GLC took over the TSBY railway, I was just wondering... What if GLC did a GP35 in the TSBY paint scheme, like if they repainted TSBY GP35 #389 back into TSBY, last time I saw 389 was February 2016, in storage, and still in the good ol' TSBY paint, and If GLC repainted it into a new TSBY scheme and called it a heritage unit, that'd be a must see.
Heritage units you say????!!! Not really necessary considering the 1977 was the original TSBY unit and is still on the railroad. The historical context is also not correct with the current GLC system having zero trackage on the TSBY, which was based in Vassar. Maybe this is me, but there's something to having each engine in a lash-up wearing the same colors too.
Last edited by GTW6401 on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

GLC has zero TSBY trackage? Hmmm seems like that would be false seeing as how they bought out TSBY and operate the same rails TSBY did. Now if you're talking the original cluster then that statement would be correct.
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

BerkshireKid wrote:GLC has zero TSBY trackage? Hmmm seems like that would be false seeing as how they bought out TSBY and operate the same rails TSBY did. Now if you're talking the original cluster then that statement would be correct.
Yes I'm talking about the original cluster.

Steve B
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Steve B »

I doubt that GLC wants to splurge for a heritage repaint, but if it does, I'd first like to see a GP35 repainted into its original 1964 AA scheme. A perfect duplication, with just tiny GLC reporting marks under the short hood numbers.

Much more important, though, is the issue of whether any GP35s will be permanently preserved. Hopefully people at SRI and GLC have given it some thought. I know SRI has its plate full, but can't think of any other organization willing or able to take on the task. The Henry Ford Musuem? Sure, but first they have that GG1 to deal with.

iKJames
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iKJames »

A GP35 being repainted in to the orange AA scheme won't happen unless they work out something with Watco, who owns the rights.

Steve B
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Steve B »

A USPTO wordmark and trademark search generates many results for railroads, but nothing for Ann Arbor. I don't know if someone can claim any exclusive rights without registering it with the USPTO.

In any case, I doubt The Ann Arbor Railroad Company (the "classic" entity, just a corporate shell after 1976 and dissolved in 2010) ever had its name registered as a trademark.

Does anybody have any definitive info if Michigan Interstate Ry. Co., Ann Arbor Acquisition Corp., and now Watco's Ann Arbor RR Inc. secured permission from Penn Central (the original AA's last parent) or its successor insurance companies to use the AA name? Or did PC not care?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

They did an anniversary version.

I would vote for a Michigan Interstate heritage Ferry in the Fog version 8)
Steve B wrote:I doubt that GLC wants to splurge for a heritage repaint,
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

I'd be in for the version with the big block letters that the GP35's were delivered with.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Super Chief »

As long as were on the "Annie" will the RS1 still be in Shepherd in 2 weeks as the color train departs Mt. Pleasant then. According to my GLC sources no connecting track has been requested by SMRS to move it out yet? Or is it going to be a highway move?

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

Super Chief wrote:As long as were on the "Annie" will the RS1 still be in Shepherd in 2 weeks as the color train departs Mt. Pleasant then. According to my GLC sources no connecting track has been requested by SMRS to move it out yet? Or is it going to be a highway move?
The RS1 in Shepherd is going back to SMRS in Clinton?

Super Chief
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Super Chief »

They own it, was on long term lease last I knew.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

NS3322 wrote:
Super Chief wrote:As long as were on the "Annie" will the RS1 still be in Shepherd in 2 weeks as the color train departs Mt. Pleasant then. According to my GLC sources no connecting track has been requested by SMRS to move it out yet? Or is it going to be a highway move?
The track in Shepard is connected. I think we have a mix up.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Schteinkuh
Railcam Terrorizer

Unread post by Schteinkuh »

MQT1223 wrote:
NS3322 wrote:
The track in Shepard is connected. I think we have a mix up.
Shepherd track is cut. look it up on Google maps if you dont believe me
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

Steve B
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Steve B »

As part of a TSBY welded rail project in 1991 or 1992, the switch to the Shepherd depot track was removed. As soon as #20 was moved into place, the switch was taken out. Did the other equipment that arrived there in later years arrive on a truck, or train?

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chapmaja »

I think you need to look carefully at the names used to see if the AA's naming rights were carried on. Also, the way the names of the acquiring companies were written also says a club. Is it Ann Arbor Railroad, Ann Arbor Railroad System, ect. All of this makes a difference from a legal standpoint. Then we can look at the paint schemes and logo use issues.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Steve B wrote:As part of a TSBY welded rail project in 1991 or 1992, the switch to the Shepherd depot track was removed. As soon as #20 was moved into place, the switch was taken out. Did the other equipment that arrived there in later years arrive on a truck, or train?
At least one piece of equipment was lifted from the main line over to the siding:) I have some photos some place.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Raildudes dad wrote:
Steve B wrote:As part of a TSBY welded rail project in 1991 or 1992, the switch to the Shepherd depot track was removed. As soon as #20 was moved into place, the switch was taken out. Did the other equipment that arrived there in later years arrive on a truck, or train?
At least one piece of equipment was lifted from the main line over to the siding:) I have some photos some place.
Well there is an NYC baggage and an Ann Arbor Caboose there besides #20...