Kawkalin north

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Kawkalin north

Unread post by patrick »

LSRC just went north with a sick sounding 3500, and the 181 and 1 tank, 5 cement hoppers, and 21 stone hoppers.

Al
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Kawkalin north

Unread post by Al »

Hello Pat
Just thought that I'd let ya know that I read your message and checked the horn on the 3500 and found a hole in the diaphram (?).
Patrick wrote:LSRC just went north with a sick sounding 3500, and the 181 and 1 tank, 5 cement hoppers, and 21 stone hoppers.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Kawkalin north

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Al wrote:Hello Pat
Just thought that I'd let ya know that I read your message and checked the horn on the 3500 and found a hole in the diaphram (?).
Patrick wrote:LSRC just went north with a sick sounding 3500, and the 181 and 1 tank, 5 cement hoppers, and 21 stone hoppers.
wow...railfan reports actually make a difference in real-world railroad operations...no matter how small the detail is. Thanks for the update Al
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Al
Railroadfan...fan

reports

Unread post by Al »

Glad to get any report, and will check out any that I hear about.
3504 will have a new turbo soon then we start on the 3563.
Al
Allen

markvz
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by markvz »

Al,

What major work does the 3563 need to become operational?

Thanks,
Mark

Al
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Al »

alternator
MarkVZ wrote:Al,

What major work does the 3563 need to become operational?

Thanks,
Mark
Allen

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

Hi al, whats the deal with the 1195 now? How soon if ever can I expect to see her back running. Shes my favorite unit cause she belches the most smoke. she sounds great too. and what does the 3575 need to run....will they be running any time soon? ok one more ?.... I hear the LSRC is looking for more units. NREX in SIlvis IL. has a TON of former CN MLW units and ALCO units. Even 6-axles. any news about new units proposed. Thanks guy. keep the alco news coming. and i'm gonna have to listen to the 3500's horn to see if you did fix it. :-)

Al
Railroadfan...fan

questios

Unread post by Al »

You will be able to see the 1195 run again just not soon. The 3575 needs a turbo,alternator,spring coupleing, and a set of wheels. Currently looking at 2 GP-40s and M420s at that location.
Patrick wrote:Hi al, whats the deal with the 1195 now? How soon if ever can I expect to see her back running. Shes my favorite unit cause she belches the most smoke. she sounds great too. and what does the 3575 need to run....will they be running any time soon? ok one more ?.... I hear the LSRC is looking for more units. NREX in SIlvis IL. has a TON of former CN MLW units and ALCO units. Even 6-axles. any news about new units proposed. Thanks guy. keep the alco news coming. and i'm gonna have to listen to the 3500's horn to see if you did fix it. :-)
Allen

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

GP40's???? EMD's??? Oh god I hope not.....

markvz
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by markvz »

From what I heard (not claiming to know anything for sure) the GP-40's would be assigned to the Saginaw area.

I don't think we'd have to worry about those eyesores making their way past Bay City often (Just giving you a hard time Gregg :D )

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

I hope they don't get GP40's for saginaw. I was really kinda hopeing to see alcos in saginaw. Since we all know the LSRC alcos can handle 50 MPH well enough, I guess I don't understand why they'd want a couple EMD's.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Patrick wrote:I hope they don't get GP40's for saginaw. I was really kinda hopeing to see alcos in saginaw. Since we all know the LSRC alcos can handle 50 MPH well enough, I guess I don't understand why they'd want a couple EMD's.
maybe the EMD's could be found at a more reasonable cost. I'm sure there are plenty of gp40s around that made them a bit more affordable. Not sure on the price difference between the two though.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

I'm not for the EMDs, but I'm not against them either. As long as they don't end up REPLACING existing Alcos with the EMDs, then I'm fine with them.