Durand MI May 14 2016

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Durand MI May 14 2016

Unread post by CSXBOY »

Is anyone going to Durand on May 14th to railfan? Its the railroad days festival as well. I will most likely be there in the Afternoon. :)

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Durand MI May 14 2016

Unread post by hoborich »

I'm allergic to foam. Causes difficulty breathing, hives, skin rash, erratic behavior, unusual excitement, heart problems, clots, difficulty sleeping. :lol:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

There's a train show at the middle school Sunday afternoon, in case you're interested in breaking up the mid-day lull in the action...but if you're committed to Saturday, it won't help. Just be aware that Durand closes some of the streets in town for the festivities, which can make getting to the station more difficult.
~ Charles W.

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:There's a train show at the middle school Sunday afternoon, in case you're interested in breaking up the mid-day lull in the action...but if you're committed to Saturday, it won't help. Just be aware that Durand closes some of the streets in town for the festivities, which can make getting to the station more difficult.
Ya gotta know the territory.
Norm

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Norm wrote:
GreatLakesRailfan wrote:There's a train show at the middle school Sunday afternoon, in case you're interested in breaking up the mid-day lull in the action...but if you're committed to Saturday, it won't help. Just be aware that Durand closes some of the streets in town for the festivities, which can make getting to the station more difficult.
That doesn't help if it's your first or second time in town. Heck, I've made the trek to Durand several times and still get a little turned around sometimes. Of course, it's probably a lot easier after you've lived there for a while. :P
~ Charles W.

dmitzel
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dmitzel »

Norm wrote:
Easiest way I've found is I-75 north to the Dort Hwy exit, then left at the first traffic signal (Newburg-Grand Blanc Rd). Head west until you run into the tracks, and then follow the signs to the depot. My daughter and I spent all night 'fanning DUS this past Saturday evening until Sunday morning sunrise - now I see when CN gets busy, when it's dark.
D.M. Mitzel
Div. 8-NCR-NMRA
Oxford, Mich.

CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXBOY »

If you are coming from the East on Newburg road. Can i still get to the Station without any problems?

GTWChris
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWChris »

CSXBOY wrote:If you are coming from the East on Newburg road. Can i still get to the Station without any problems?
You'll be fine

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

Is the Oak Street Crossing of the Flint Sub still closed?