Chessie caboose at Wyoming

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Chessie caboose at Wyoming

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

On my last two drives past Wyoming Yard from 196 I've spied a Chessie bay window caboose coupled to different strings of cars at the West end, near the Mobil. Does anyone know what number bay window that is? I know a couple former C&O wide vision cabs have been stationed there for years but at least one is/was in the Maggie's deadline. Holland keeps CSX 904091 busy and there is another Chessie bay window stashed away in the back along the Macatawa River. Just curious to know what the Chessie number is....thanks!

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: Chessie caboose at Wyoming

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

I still haven't had a chance to get back over to GR to check and see what road number this Chessie caboose is. In the meantime, while Wyoming has long been the domain of former C&O wide vision cabooses for local operations, here's a photo of bay window #904151 in service at Wyoming, the last Chessie bay window I'm aware of which was regularly used there. I don't have a date readily at hand but it wasn't all that long before it suffered some type of major mechanical failure and was shoved into the Support Yard for an extended stay....
CC904151 A.jpg
In the meantime, if anyone gets to Wyoming before me and spies the Chessie, I'd be interested to know which one it is!

wyrickj
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Chessie caboose at Wyoming

Unread post by wyrickj »

I believe I saw that caboose on a trip down the city market lead the other day
Pure Michigan Railroads
YouTube | Facebook