EL 725 SOLD**

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

EL 725 SOLD**

Unread post by MQT1223 »

I could not find the original thread for this, but according to Facebook the recently reopened Stourbridge Line in Pennsylvania has purchased the ex. Michigan Star Clipper F7 that sits in Lansing.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Re: EL 725 SOLD**

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Well good luck to them. Getting it moved as well as getting it running. Or are they planning on stuffing and mounting/spare parts.
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

She's gonna be a runner
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

When is "COE/Mal" F7A #725 expected to "Depart" Lansing? Also, I have not been to where it is parked. Is it easy to get close to take pictures?
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Robertrains wrote:Also, I have not been to where it is parked. Is it easy to get close to take pictures?[/color]
Yes.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

J T wrote:
Robertrains wrote:Also, I have not been to where it is parked. Is it easy to get close to take pictures?

Yes.

I shall go up there Saturday!!!! Does anyone know when "Jail" will move "COE/Mal" F7A #725? Also, what is the "Expected" route? I hope it ends up at Rougemere Yard again!

Is this loco stored at the old South Yard, or in town somewhere? I haven't been there—but would like to find its "Exact" location. Please help!
:?: Image
—website for map: http://www.railfanguides.us/mi/lansing/index.htm

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

If it's as bad as it sounds, it could be months before it moves. JAIL might move it, but I bet the connecting carrier goes over it with a fine tooth comb before accepting it.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

It just got announced RobertTrains, slow down. Knowing how CSX has already had issues with it, I bet it will leave via flat car.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

Is this it? According to the rail map this is near location 7, South end of the CSX Ensel Yd.

MP73point4
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MP73point4 »

Pixl wrote:Is this it? According to the rail map this is near location 7, South end of the CSX Ensel Yd.

Yes, that's it. You can see it from Turner St., but it's in there a ways. You'll either need a hefty telephoto lens or have to risk trespassing to get close. The business above it in the photo is fenced and gated so even if the gate is open and you whip in there you'll still have to shoot through a fence.
RR Pass Collector

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

Just don't try it. You may get away with it but if you don't there will be hefty penalties involved. JAIL doesn't like railfans and the CSX gumshoes don't really either if they trespass.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Where do these industrial spurs go? Are there active customers on them?
Image[/quote]
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MiddleMI
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiddleMI »

I've never been up to this intersection, but it looks like you could conceivably get a shot from just north of the intersection of Washington and Russell. It appears that this one block of Washington is actually dirt, and there doesn't appear to be a fence between the street and the property adjacent to it on the east. I wouldn't suggest anything. It appears the neighbors just at the northeast of the intersection might have a good sightline to anyone trying to get close, and there is no telling what kind of security that business right next to this little area employes.

Anyway, the spur goes to LaFarge cement, or at least that what it was last I checked. They've built some new silos on site, so I'm not sure if they use that spur or anything, or the one right off the mainline if they use any rail, at all, anymore.

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Found the original article

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30438&hilit=lansing
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

SousaKerry wrote:Found the original article

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30438&hilit=lansing
Ahh, that's why I couldn't find it. I kept searching for the engine number and nothing came up.

I bet the location was picked with minimal access in mind. Only someone crazy enough to trespass to a high degree would dare go in there.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Any camera with decent zoom can get a perfectly fine picture of it from Turner St.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

MiddleMI
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiddleMI »

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

Go over on a weekend when the businesses are closed. Park at the north end of Washington Ave. Walk over to the right of way. Walk along the fence line. Stay off the track. Have a look and take a picture. Walk back to your car. No alarm bells will ring at railroad head quarters.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks, this should work! Now, I couldn't find anything for the Jail schedule! Does anyone know if they operate daily and times? I searched and found they now dispatch in "Digital!!!!" Do they "Interchange" trains with CSX at this location?